By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Fires Back At Sony's Recent Add-Ons Statement.

NJ5 said:
Snake said:

That depends. If you are asking about video game industry i would have to say Sony is bigger dog. If you are asking about other products (or example:Microsoft windows and Sony's Bravia) i would have to say MS is bigger dog (for now)

But which dog has the ball in the mouth right now? :P

In video gaming or in other products?

Around the Network
City17 said:
Microsoft is Banned for trolling! LOL Well they have to come up with some excuse for not including WIFI. Every other technologically signifigant gadget has it included these days right? Do they even consider that many of their hardware is purchased as gifts by people who are tech retarded and have no real idea what is the best for the people who use the devices. I guess that they don't care because any system sold gets people on their green train. Red light means stop!

What's Sony's excuse for not putting high definiton cabling in the box for the PS3?  

richardhutnik said:
City17 said:
Microsoft is Banned for trolling! LOL Well they have to come up with some excuse for not including WIFI. Every other technologically signifigant gadget has it included these days right? Do they even consider that many of their hardware is purchased as gifts by people who are tech retarded and have no real idea what is the best for the people who use the devices. I guess that they don't care because any system sold gets people on their green train. Red light means stop!

What's Sony's excuse for not putting high definiton cabling in the box for the PS3?  

MYy friend got HDMI cable together with his 40 GB PS3.

Snake said:
The Almighty Microsoft is really mad ( or jelaous ) at Sony. They need to answer to everything Sony says. YES, i would rather have a console which is 200$ more expensive and it can last over 10 years than have a console which is 200$ cheaper and die after 6 months of use

10 years?  So, do you believe which of the following:

1. The next Playstation system will be coming out in 10 years from the launch of the PS3 date of the PS3.

2. You won't buy the next Playstation until 10 years after you are done with the current PS3.

3. The next Playstation won't be backwards compatible with the PS3.

So, you are serious about this 10 year thing, right?  Or, are you just puffing fanboy smoke thinking you are going to score points with it?  

NJ5 said:
Snake said:

That depends. If you are asking about video game industry i would have to say Sony is bigger dog. If you are asking about other products (or example:Microsoft windows and Sony's Bravia) i would have to say MS is bigger dog (for now)

But which dog has the ball in the mouth right now? :P

Actually the dog that has the ball is Nintendo, and the little dog is all the fanboys yelping at Nintendo to give up the ball, because they don't have a real videogame system.  

Around the Network
Snake said:
richardhutnik said:
City17 said:

MYy friend got HDMI cable together with his 40 GB PS3.

Nice to see Sony got around to it.  Originally they didn't. 

richardhutnik said:
Snake said:
The Almighty Microsoft is really mad ( or jelaous ) at Sony. They need to answer to everything Sony says. YES, i would rather have a console which is 200$ more expensive and it can last over 10 years than have a console which is 200$ cheaper and die after 6 months of use

10 years?  So, do you believe which of the following:

1. The next Playstation system will be coming out in 10 years from the launch of the PS3 date of the PS3.

2. You won't buy the next Playstation until 10 years after you are done with the current PS3.

3. The next Playstation won't be backwards compatible with the PS3.

So, you are serious about this 10 year thing, right?  Or, are you just puffing fanboy smoke thinking you are going to score points with it?  

You didn't get the point. I didn't talked about how long PS3 will be on market i was talking how long PS3 hardware can last. Hardware can last over 10 years unlike 360 which can last 3 years maximum.That was my point. And accoridng to Sony PS4 will have PS3 backwards compatbility.

BMaker11 said:
Garnett said:
What does PS3 really have that 360 dosent?

Wifi?

and.....

thats it really.

Blu-ray, Wi-Fi, Multimedia card readers, HDD standard....and more that I'm probably forgetting.

The only reason everyone here is bitching about "oh so what, I don't need wifi" is because you don't want to spend $100 on what should be in the system right out of the box.  If wifi was standard in the 360, you'd be singing praises about it

^free online. I never thought a console would do that till microsoft did it.. I was very surprised and i'm very happy sony didn't go the same way with the ps3. I don't want to pay to be able to use a service i'm already paying for.

Check out my game about moles ^

I know we have to pay to play online for a good service, but I'm getting fed up every year I have to fork over $50..

Microsoft at least should make it a one time lifetime fee..

When is time for me to renew my gold membership, that's the time that I say this should be free or a one time lifetime fee...with that money I can buy another game instead.

Another thing what happens if there is 3 brothers in a home that all share the 360 but each would like to have their own profile, well they have to fork $150 to play online on one console..

Microsoft should make it $50 per console and not per person..

To end this, all I'm say Microsoft should charge a one time fee and make it per console not per person.

This is the only time I wished I had a ps3.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

$100 list price for the wi-fi adapter is too much, however 3rd party options are available. The first Xbox adapater is suppose to work as well; I've seen them for $30-$40.