By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 only has one game in JAN NPD TOP 20. Sign of Trouble ahead?

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21906

It is depressing seeing the chart dominated by Nintendo. X360 has at least 5 games up in the TOP 20.

PS3, on the other hand, only has COD WAW in the TOP 20. Where is LBP, Resistance 2? I was expecting at least LBP to make it in the TOP 20 because of recent heavy advertising for the game. What happened?

I know the PS3 installed base is the smallest of all the consoles, but between PS3, PS2, and PSP, there were only 2 games from the PS family in the chart. Is this a sign of trouble ahead for Sony?

Edit: I mean DEC NPD TOP 20 and not Jan.

Around the Network

....Last time I checked people can't get sale figures from the future...

Former something....

Call of Duty: World at War on Wii is #19. Right behind it is Shaun White on Wii. Bigjon, we may have even been more right haha.

Oh and here's the entire list posted:

And wow GH: WT on 360 is nowhere to be found in the top 20. Surprising to say the least.

Around the Network

Hmmm well, LBP hasnt made it onto any of the NPD software lists has it since its release? Yet it still has big sales...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

we know nintendo has 7 of the 10 in the 20-30 range as well.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:

How do we know this?  I know Rockband Wii is at number 29.  But still, how do we know Ninty has 7 of the 20-30 slots?

they say nintendo has 20 of the top 30, we have the top 20, just do the math.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kenology said:
johnsobas said:

How do we know this?  I know Rockband Wii is at number 29.  But still, how do we know Ninty has 7 of the 20-30 slots?

Nintendo in their press release said that 20 of the top 30 titles were Nintendo games.