By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII US & EU Release Date: After April 2010!!!

We already knew that Final Fantasy XIII was hitting Japanese shores sometime in 2009. Today Square-Enix has apparently told business news site Reuters, that Final Fantasy XIII will be released in the USA and Europe during the 2010 business year which starts in April 2010.

Some of you may be disappointed but this really is the best we could expect. If Square-Enix is trying to push the game out in Japan by late 2009, localisation and the Xbox 360 port will take some months to complete. A release date for Final Fantasy Versus XIII or Final Fantasy Agito XIII hasn't been mentioned.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/01/15/final-fantasy-xiii-us-and-eu-release-date-after-april-2010.html

Around the Network

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Outside of Japan you mean.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8259189

Analysts on average expect Square Enix to post an operating profit of 27.4 billion yen, according to Reuters Estimates.
The Tokyo-based company plans to launch the latest installment of its "Dragon Quest" game series on March 28 in Japan for Nintendo Co Ltd's wildly popular DS handheld game gear, giving itself a major sales and profitability boost.
Square Enix also plans to launch the next version of "Final Fantasy" in 2009 in Japan, further strengthening its product lineup.
Overseas launches of the latest "Final Fantasy" game will come in the business year from April 2010 or later, Wada said.
Square Enix will offer the latest version, "Final Fantasy XIII", for both Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360 in North America and Europe, and exclusively for the PS3 in Japan.

Well, thats a heck of a long wait. ah well, plenty of games to come and catch up on for us 360 owners

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I figured that would be the case, but still...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

As expected.

I seem to remember SE saying they were going to seriously cut down on the long times it takes to release their games in the West...

... then they announced the 360 port.

Still, they've been true to their word with all the other games they developed and published this gen, with Western releases coming just after the Japan one. Shame they've all been on the 360, and not the PS3 though.

/bitter fanboi.

Well u can put this way atleast we have a release date now.

Maybe, it can always change. Usually more delay in that case however.

@claude

ha my no was better

@FishyJoe

HOW DARE YOU!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey