By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin Wii first screens!

http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/15/a-plethora-of-pikmin-wii-make-screenshots/

Due out February 6th it's a remake of the Gamecube title. Damn, they sure know how to keep Nintendo fans happy! Remake old games with new controls Sony and Microsoft, it's clear we should be learning from Nintendo!

Around the Network

It's genius for those who can't find a copy of the GC original, or have never heard of the series before. It's a charming game which deserves to be played by everyone.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

It seems to be the same visually, but letting you control that little reticule with the pointer will make a world of difference

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Outcast said:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/15/a-plethora-of-pikmin-wii-make-screenshots/

Due out February 6th it's a remake of the Gamecube title. Damn, they sure know how to keep Nintendo fans happy! Remake old games with new controls, genius.

Maybe they released this game for the over 25 Million people who own a Wii and didn't own a Gamecube, or for the over 40 Million Wii owners who never played Pikmin in the first place.

On top of that, taking a handful of developers (probably under 10) and having them work for a few months (probably under 6) to port one of the best console RTS ever produced doesn't seem to be that bad of a waste of resources.

So going to be getting this if it releases in AUS.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Around the Network

Very nice. I haven't played a Pikmin game yet so this will be my first.

@ Outcast

You know, maybe your name suits you well after all....

OT: I never got to play this game before and I have regretted it ever since....maybe this is a sign that I can finally play the game with controls that were made for this kind of game...fate does have a sense of irony after all, huh?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

... dejavu :0

Well we could turn this thread in something useful, now that we already have it.

What do you think will the sales of this game be when all is said and done?

So far, it has only been released in Japan and was fairly well received there, having sold about 110k when I'm not mistaken (according to Famitsu since they already released data for the week ending the tenth)

I think it should be able to reach the million with those Japan numbers which would be a fine success for the game, however, if it sees a sales pattern similar to Wario Land: the Shake Dimension, it won't reach that milestone so it's hard to tell yet.

What do you think?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Looks good!