By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Our Drug War Next Door

At this point in the world with fights over abortion, firearms, smoking, and alcohol, the argument that marijuana being illegal somehow benefits society is lost on me.

Make it legal already. Turn it into a revenue generator instead of a revenue drain.

Personally, I hate the stuff. There are better drugs out there (and if those remain illegal, I'm fine with it) but if people want to smoke pot when they get home instead of drinking a fifth of whisky, I'm cool with that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
At this point in the world with fights over abortion, firearms, smoking, and alcohol, the argument that marijuana being illegal somehow benefits society is lost on me.

Make it legal already. Turn it into a revenue generator instead of a revenue drain.

Personally, I hate the stuff. There are better drugs out there (and if those remain illegal, I'm fine with it) but if people want to smoke pot when they get home instead of drinking a fifth of whisky, I'm cool with that.

the ones in bold imo should be legal

PS360ForTheWin said:
rocketpig said:

the ones in bold imo should be legal

You can think what you want but there are millions of Americans who strongly disagree on all of them.

Personally, I find the "personal freedom" theme to be the easiest to follow. At the end of the day, it makes me feel like less of a hypocrite.

i only need to look at the people who use to know why it shouldnt be legal.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

And all I need to do is look at the people who use to know why it should be legal. Almost all the pot smokers I know are successful business people who prefer weed over drinking. Personally, I hate the stuff but that's just my personal taste.

People who abuse substances will always find a substance to abuse. Blame the person, society, or whatever. But don't blame the drug. If those same "losers" weren't smoking pot, they'd be drinking themselves silly.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

i take personal offence at that, i have friends who take drugs, none of them are affected badly by it, i dont see any difference between marijuana and alcohol or ciggarettes

rocketpig said:
MrBubbles said:

And all I need to do is look at the people who use to know why it should be legal. Almost all the pot smokers I know are successful business people who prefer weed over drinking. Personally, I hate the stuff but that's just my personal taste.

People who abuse substances will always find a substance to abuse. Blame the person, society, or whatever. But don't blame the drug. If those same "losers" weren't smoking pot, they'd be drinking themselves silly.

you've never seen one of those "legalize pot" rallies ?

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

PS360ForTheWin said:
MrBubbles said:

i take personal offence at that, i have friends who take drugs, none of them are affected badly by it, i dont see any difference between marijuana and alcohol or ciggarettes

looks like we can agree on something...

MrBubbles said:
rocketpig said:
MrBubbles said:

so youre making a snap judgement based on the apperance of a few people?

MrBubbles said:
rocketpig said:
MrBubbles said:

And gay marriage should never be legalized because every gay man on earth will immediately start wearing assless chaps in public every day.

You'll have to do better than pointing out a rally - which are ALWAYS full of radicals, no matter the political point - to convince me of anything.