By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Good Anime Films?

Johann said:
No one mentioning Akira? I know is old, but it still holds up.

AKIRA is a classic.

Around the Network

Fist of the North Star, Akira, Demon City. Get some oldies in.

Like some already said, Princess Mononoke
Also:
Byousoku Go Senchimētoru (5 Centimeters per Second)
Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho (The Place Promised in Our Early Days).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Valkyria00 said:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was excellent good taste! However I never understood Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away I thought both movies were nothing special.

I recommend Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei There are 5 in the series very good.
Also the upcomign Symphonic Poem Eureka seveN: Pocket Full of Rainbows will be amazing.

I'd suggest watching the series first before checking out the movie.  It's my favorite of all time.

It's rather short, but check out the Wandering Continent. No one ever mentions it so I thought I would throw it in. Everything else I've seen is sure to be mentioned eventually.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Escaflowne is one of my favorite films.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

K i have a few
90% of studio Ghibli movies
Grave of the Fireflies
All 4 of Satoshi Kon's movies(especially Tokyo Godfathers)
Macross: Do you remember love?
The movie cut of Samurai X:Trust and Betrayal(my personal favorite)
Mukoh Hadan:Sword of the Stranger
Byousoku 5 cm/sec
Tekkonkinkreet

All those saying Akira should realize it was amazing back then, but may not hold up well today.Whats truly a classic is the Manga.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Paprika.

Here's the trailer.

And Akira is still good.  It's still damn good.

@GhostoR
Paprika is great movie, but have you watched the other Satoshi Kon movies? i found both Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium actress to be better

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

I haven't seen Kon's other stuff yet. I caught about 2 minutes in the middle of Perfect Blue and now I really want to see the whole thing.