By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confession: I hate Killzone 2

I'm usually pretty level headed when it comes to this fanboy stuff. I love my Nintendo, and am not above tweaking fanboys for other consoles from time to time, but its always in good fun.

But I am truly and utterly sick of Killzone 2.

The PS3 has been out for over 2 years now. And ever since, PS3 fans have been looking to one game or another to save the system - Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, and so forth. None of them have done it.

But that whole time, Killzone 2 has been there, and been hyped as one of these savior games. The difference is that those games had the decency to actually be released and forgotten about. the whole time, KZ2 has been there, and the hype has simply gone into overdrive.

This is a sequel to a mediocre game that sold around 2million copies on a console with a user base well over 100m strong. Yet somehow fanboys have picked it as The Game of The Forever. We're constantly getting new KZ2 threads forcasting its brilliance, and how its the bestest graphical game ever. It's gotten so bad, I fear there will be mass suicides if it gets an 85 on MetaCritic.

Its this mixture of hype and delusion and time that has made it impossible for me to see the words "Killzone" without uttering a groan.

Around the Network

Oh ... my gawd......... In B4 MM, Spanky, Leoj, CGI, and teh mods...

*Grabs popcorn*

I played the Beta, which was better than RFOM 2 and it wasn't even an official release. Furthermore I wasn't even interested in this game until I played it personally.

So maybe overhyped but the hype is still deserved.

Tease.

Let them hype what they want, I think it's somewhat lacks the hype(compared to halo or gears), people are way more skeptical than any other hyped ps3 exclusive. Maybe it's because a sequel to mediocre game.

So you haven't played the beta? Makingmusic and various other people have played the beta and they say its amazing.

And that PS2 userbase arguement is bullshit. Selling over 2M isn't an easy task, no matter what console it was on.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

*Grabs popcorn*

Love it or hate it, the industry would not be nearly as fun without these hugely anticipated, (hyped) games.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

just becuase some ps3 exclusive is coming out soon there is no need to get angry with people who are looking foward to a potentially fantastic game. I personally can not wait for this game to come out, I have my preorder. This is the next big game release, so it is expected that people want to discuss this.

hmm... maybe I should make a thread about how shit I think the next Zelda is going to be because I hated TP.

11ht11 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

*Grabs popcorn*

Lol! Thanks 11ht. :P *Munch*