By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VG Chartz need to put restriction on creating new threads

There should be some sort of restrictions on the creation of new threads to keep quality high.  Maybe just limit 1 new thread per account each week?  People are just creating threads left and right just to have their post popularity high.  I don't know what would be the best way to solve this problem, but VGC need to do some thing about it.

Around the Network

It might work, but to be honest, I hate the sites that have restrictions on anything.

1 per week would pretty much kill the forums, we have moderators who lock threads if they are spam or redundant....I don't know what examples of bad threads you mean though.

Woah, 1 thread a week.. Thats a bit overboard.

just saying some better solutions should be in consideration. If 1/wk is too restrictive in the site admin eyes then maybe 10 threads/ month. Then have moderator keep an eye on the most active accounts. If an account is popular with the community then give it more fredom.

Like I said, I don't pretend to have a solution. Moderator is an exellent way to keep things in check but they can only do so much.

Around the Network

Its a community. Apart from the repetitive nature of tons of threads we really have no right deciding who's view is more valid than others.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@megaman79
Certainly! However, this is an issue most forums have, repetition. Maybe that's how it should be. But can we think of better ways to minimize it?

i think its fine how it is now

Don't get me wrong, I like VGC forum. That's why I post on it more actively than most other. But freedom come with some nagging issues.

If you have a problem with a particular thread, report it. Simple as that. The report stays in the queue until someone deals with it, and we haven't had any backlogs or long delay times lately. We're not putting in restrictions like this anytime soon (or anytime later for that matter).