By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG! it the next ZELDA!!!!

...o_O

WHOA...they did say something about making the game easier!!!

Around the Network

all I want is to see something about Zelda at the GDC or E3 this year something official I realy don't care if Zelda will be the most easiest game or causual or whatever I want an official Zelda info and FUUUUUULLLLLL STOOOOOOP.

pre-thread hype level = 1

current hype level = 5

Cautiously optimistic this is legitimate. I really like the idea on many different levels, from the fact that it likely means it will be challenging (otherwise why bother?), to the concept of a new Zelda or a new franchise, and even a bit of excitement that this might be the sort of thing that changes the industry......again.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

current hype level = 5

Cautiously optimistic this is legitimate. I really like the idea on many different levels, from the fact that it likely means it will be challenging (otherwise why bother?), to the concept of a new Zelda or a new franchise, and even a bit of excitement that this might be the sort of thing that changes the industry......again.

Does that scale go up to 11?

Khuutra said:
Sqrl said:

current hype level = 5

I think if a trailer for Zelda came out everyone would be at an 11.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Sqrl said:

current hype level = 5

Actually it goes from 0 to Pikmin 3.

KylieDog said:
My view on it is if the game needs a hint system, and not just a hint, they appear to actually show exactly what to do (as opposed to faires and such in older games just hinting at something to do with a rock for example) then the entire game will suck for anyone who wants any challenge.

Having this hint system doesn't mean they can crank the difficulty up, because the hint system will only help with puzzles, when it comes to fighting enemies those enemies are meant to fight the people who need the hint system as well as those who don't. Which means either really tough enemies that 'casuals' can't deal with, or really weak ones that both casuals and core gamers can. Pretty obvious the more logical choice, and I doubt they gonna get a hint button to kill the enemies for them.

I'm calling it now, this game will have no challenge, only need look at all Nintendos games recently to realise they aren't bothering to create any anymore.

You are behaving like a silly billy.

Enemies haven't been the primary source of difficulty in Zelda games since 1989.

KylieDog said:
My view on it is if the game needs a hint system, and not just a hint, they appear to actually show exactly what to do (as opposed to faires and such in older games just hinting at something to do with a rock for example) then the entire game will suck for anyone who wants any challenge.

Having this hint system doesn't mean they can crank the difficulty up, because the hint system will only help with puzzles, when it comes to fighting enemies those enemies are meant to fight the people who need the hint system as well as those who don't. Which means either really tough enemies that 'casuals' can't deal with, or really weak ones that both casuals and core gamers can. Pretty obvious the more logical choice, and I doubt they gonna get a hint button to kill the enemies for them.

I'm calling it now, this game will have no challenge, only need look at all Nintendos games recently to realise they aren't bothering to create any anymore.

Perhaps if it were mandatory you would have a point.  But from the wording in the patent this is going to be an optional feature and one that will requrie active use.

Sqrl said:
KylieDog said:

Perhaps if it were mandatory you would have a point.  But from the wording in the patent this is going to be an optional feature and one that will requrie active use.

That isn't what he's saying. He's saying that even if the puzzles are made harder by this, the enemies are still going to be too easy, and he's calling it now.

to me he sounded like he was saying the hints will makes the puzzles way too easy. Which its like turn em off moron.

And again, who has ever died in a zelda game anyway? monsters never kill anyone