By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Do the Math!

What is so bad about this, its not like they are lying, its call marketing. But, these days whatever Sony does, people must criticize it, it's the trend.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Squilliam said:
If the PS3 wireless wasn't so terrible I felt forced to use a 10M ethernet cable anyway then yes I would consider it to be worth something. Since I already had the cable for the PS3 I didn't feel bad buying a switch so I could plug the 360 in as well.

I'd blame your location.  I use wireless, and had almost no problems playing Killzone 2 except for when I played with you.  :P

Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
If the PS3 wireless wasn't so terrible I felt forced to use a 10M ethernet cable anyway then yes I would consider it to be worth something. Since I already had the cable for the PS3 I didn't feel bad buying a switch so I could plug the 360 in as well.

How is it terrible? Im two floors above my router with my PS3 and im getting 90-100%.

Connection drops out, I have 60-70% through a couple of walls (Quite dense). My HTPC gets a strong signal and its right next to it. So yes the connection is terrible, if a usb wireless dongle outperforms it.

Tease.

psrock said:
What is so bad about this, its not like they are lying, its call marketing. But, these days whatever Sony does, people must criticize it, it's the trend.

I agree 100% with the bolded section.

Squilliam said:

Is it even possible for the wireless to be terrible?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:

I'd blame your location.  I use wireless, and had almost no problems playing Killzone 2 except for when I played with you.  :P

Lulz I live near an industrial zone and theres a Cell phone tower less than 100F away, mucho interference.

Tease.

Sony forgot to add hd cables and headset costs to their console. 360 ftw!

I think this is telling us the PS3 price cut isn't coming anytime soon.

psrock said:

Good marketing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4tOvkvCvwQ

Bad marketing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJPUPimof-Y

The point is Seg.... I mean Sony don't need to do this, this kind of things always have a not so good backlash in the future.

Squilliam said:
Smashed said:
Squilliam said:

How is it terrible? Im two floors above my router with my PS3 and im getting 90-100%.

Connection drops out, I have 60-70% through a couple of walls (Quite dense). My HTPC gets a strong signal and its right next to it. So yes the connection is terrible, if a usb wireless dongle outperforms it.

i think its only for you because i use my neighbors router which is at least 20 yards away from my ps3. and i get 90%.