By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 is back ahead of PS3 in America since price cut!

Xbox360 is back ahead of PS3 in America since price cut!

The latest weekly figures are in and this time Microsoft will be celebrating. With an increase of 50% in sales from last week due to price drops across all SKUs, Xbox360 sales have now surged ahead of PS3 sales to be the best selling HD console of the week. It remains to be seen how long things will remain like this, but Halo 3 will surely help.

Around the Network

haha, more prepping for madden less price drop.

yea by 10,000 units congrats...

ps3 sales are up now at 41k (was 38k)

360 sales are up now at 51k (was 35k)

wii sales down a little at 86k (was 93k)

mM

Next week sales will be up to the same level or another 5-10k, then they'll start gradually dropping back down until Halo 3's release.

^^ god damn internal errors :@

Around the Network

This is definitely a lot lower than I expected. PS3 will steal beat the 360 worldwide week to week for till Halo 3 unless the coming weeks do a good amount better than this one.

50% increase for the 360 first week of price cut, 135% increase for the first week of PS3 price cut.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
This is definitely a lot lower than I expected. PS3 will steal beat the 360 worldwide week to week for till Halo 3 unless the coming weeks do a good amount better than this one.

50% increase for the 360 first week of price cut, 135% increase for the first week of PS3 price cut.

I may be wrong but I don't think the 360 price cut applied to the whole week? which would obveously hurts its week/week comparison... 

correct me if I am wrong 

Pretty poor performance IMO. Next week will be interesting with Madden hitting, and news of the 360 version getting better scores than the PS3 skew.

A $50 price cut just doesn't cut it - Halo might be the last hope for the 360, or it could even get beaten by the PS3 (in the US anyway) this year. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm still laughing that the PS3 went up with no new good games other then a downloadable one. Not really impressive.

I cant wait till Warhawk comes out, I want to see what Sony's first AAA title of the year does for the console's sales.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword will be some interesting weeks for the PS3 (3 weeks back to back).

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.