By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009 will be a dull year for gaming. CNET/Peter Molyneux

Fucking lulz!

This bloggers blogs are complete shit. After hating on Wii Sports like a childish fanboy he goes on an says all this.
Id like to say more but Im not gonna waste my time.

Time to watch some Xam'd

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10132435-17.html?tag=mncol;txt

If 2008 was the Year of Gaming, 2009 will be just the opposite. At least, that's what Lionhead Studios' Peter Molyneux said he believes in a recent interview with the BBC.

Speaking to reporters, Molyneux said he thinks 2009's upcoming game releases are "all looking a bit dry...All the triple-A titles came out this Christmas, and while there is stuff in 2010 we can look forward to, off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything next year that really excites me."

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few upcoming games that excite me: Halo 3: ODST Killzone 2, Halo Wars, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, and Resident Evil 5. But besides those, after looking at the upcoming release calendars for the three major consoles, as well as the Nintendo DS and Sony's PlayStation Portable, I have to agree with Molyneux.

But maybe my skepticism is rooted in the fact that 2008 was such a great year for gaming. It was the year that was headlined by a slew of great titles, such as Fable 2, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Most importantly, it was the year that saw gaming increase in popularity by an astounding rate.

In comparison, 2009 is shaping up to be an incredibly dull year for gaming.

Out of the hundreds of titles that will hit store shelves, did you notice that I was only able to pick a handful out of the bunch about which I'm really excited? The rest are either derivative games that will offer little value to the gamer or are unknown titles that could set a new standard or fall flat. Based on the information available for most of those games, I'm guessing the latter will be the most likely result. 

^
Wtf!? If its not a sequel I guess its just not worth playing.

Around the Network

what? 09 will probably be way better than 08

K, they can keep bitching, I'm gonna go game.

2009 will rock, are these guys even gamers?

He has not seen PC's line-up this year.

2009 will be a great year. What a bumhole

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

08 is great but 09 will be better, ratchet and clank maybe, uncharted 2, god of war 3, Heavy rain, Qunatom Theory, M.A.G. I MEAN COME on if this isnt good then what is

Pikmin 3, Punch Out!!, and Sin&Punishment?

O_O;

This is an old comment.

madworld, the conduit, Resident evil 5, Killzone 2, Dragon quest IX, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time, Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Sin and Punishment 2, Halo ODST. and thats just off the top of my head.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

LOL, just LOL