By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Canada: More important to Gaming than you might think

Louie said:

Canada seems to be a cool country, eh?

No not really, is it cool to pay $450 a month for car insurence ?

Around the Network

Their are many countries who have made something for the industry I can even call an example of my small country :s.

Hus said:
Louie said:

check out geico.com or esurance.com  .  I don't know about canada but for the US its just better to get whatever is cheapest b/c every state has a minimum amount of coverage i.e. the amount of coverage is going to be the same unless you would like additional coverage.    Geico and esurance work out of call centers instead of going the expensive ( for the consumer) route of having an office in every city.

Hus said:
Louie said:

You pay 450$ per month for you car insurance?  What do you drive, a Ferrari? ^^  I pay 1100$ per year for my Hunday 1999  (in Québec) and I am a 22 male, which means that  for them I am automaticaly a danger on the road and so I must pay the highest price :S  Fortunately, I've never had any accident and never been arrested.  So yes, Canada is kind of ''cool'', and I like the fact that if I become sick, I'll be treated for my disease and I won't have to pay.  We pay more taxes, but it's worth it :)

And yes, it's good to see our goverment helping the gaming industry, Québec goverment invested a lot in partnership with Ubisoft in the past 10 years, we now even have an undergraduate degree in video game development supported by Ubisoft in Sherbrooke........that's so great!

Everything that the USA does wrong, Canada does right.

And at the very least the health care system in Canada is leagues above the US health system...

Around the Network
Hus said:
Louie said:

Young male with an accident in your history I presume? I was once the same. 

Car insurance depends on the province. In saskatchewan where car insurance is public, the rates are dramatically lower than the rest of Canada. Public Auto Insurance really should be one of the top priorities for the provincial governments.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.