By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why NOW Is The Time To Abandon Ship On The Wii

I don't think I've ever seen a winning console gathering too much hate like the Wii. Nintendo definitely changed things and the old geek gamers can't deal with it, like the dude from this article:

http://www.slapstic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124:why-now-is-the-time-to-abandon-ship-on-the-wii&catid=10:opinion-articles

If people prefers the xbox360/PS3 over the Wii, ok fine. That's just their tastes and that's something personal. But this guy it saying the same old song about "Nintendo has betrayed us blah blah blah they don't care about us anymore blah blah Microsoft does loves us so we should buy an xbox yadda yadda". Statementes that are nothing but gossips and lies just to creat fear and uncertainity amongts the nerd gamers out there that follows the game reviewers blindly and without any other kind of opinion or research.

I hope these kind of articles stop appearing. They are pathetic and too fanboyish. But I doubt it.

Around the Network

So Nintendo releasing a successful console is a bad thing? What an idiot

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Ugh. I saw this on N4G. The guys there loving this article... stupid fanboys.
But this guy is using the opposite of logic.

The reason no winning console has ever been hated so much is because the runner up consoles have never been as popular or loved so much. This race is definitely tighter than previous ones. And besides, people are so quick to forget the massive amount of hate that the Playstation 1 received from bitter fanboys.

But no, it's because Nintendo "CHANGED TEH EVERYTINGZ!!!"

let them cry all they want ,,it's not gonna change the facts that wii is kicking other console's asses

Around the Network

Great article. I completely agree.

This thread pointless and should be locked as it has only flamebait written all over it.

I TAKE NO SIDES

I don't understand how this guy can dismiss The Conduit so easily. He says he's played MoH:H. The controls are freaking incredible.

MontanaHatchet said:
The reason no winning console has ever been hated so much is because the runner up consoles have never been as popular or loved so much. This race is definitely tighter than previous ones. And besides, people are so quick to forget the massive amount of hate that the Playstation 1 received from bitter fanboys.

But no, it's because Nintendo "CHANGED TEH EVERYTINGZ!!!"

The NES was hated about this much by the hardcore gamers of the age, for many of the same reasons, primarily the rejection of old gaming values in favor of new ones.

It's a lot less to do with console-specific fanboyism and everything to do with a very real fear of the marginalization of current gaming values.

Mirson said:
Great article. I completely agree.

How can you agree if you never where a Nintendo guy anyway??