By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardcore gamers will be in for a dry spell starting 2010!

some of the greatest things come from those under pressure. having the purse strings tightened should do gaming good. perhaps we will get some more unique experiences.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
some of the greatest things come from those under pressure. having the purse strings tightened should do gaming good. perhaps we will get some more unique experiences.

Just like most of EA games that has been near lethal for mental health of EAs workers? Blah, some greatest things come when you really have passion and time to do whatever you were doing.

Deneidez said:
MrBubbles said:

Just like most of EA games that has been near lethal for mental health of EAs workers? Blah, some greatest things come when you really have passion and time to do whatever you were doing.

no...EA just throws money at their problems and expects that to make it all better.

when making a game that rarely helps.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Did you check those million sellers I posted?

On the other hand there are hundreds of games on the Wii that look almost identical to those million sellers and sold a couple thousand copies. You simply do not know. Big-budget HD titles on the other hand have at least some planning security. When the technology is good, the gameplay and review scores are good, even better if there is a successful franchise and the game isn't cel-shaded you will get your money back and more. So making a HD game is work making a low-budget Wii game is playing Roulette.

If the lower budget games are anything like Valkyria Chronicles, I'd be happy. If they're like game party, I'd have to collect more ps2/1 gems I missed, replay other games and keep playing online

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

You're taking publisher intervies out of context, they're pretty much saying the focus is changing onto making one or two really good (Or so they hope) games for the Christmas type period, as oppose to flooding the markt with as many as possible.

HDKyros said:
Did you check those million sellers I posted?

On the other hand there are hundreds of games on the Wii that look almost identical to those million sellers and sold a couple thousand copies. You simply do not know. Big-budget HD titles on the other hand have at least some planning security. When the technology is good, the gameplay and review scores are good, even better if there is a successful franchise and the game isn't cel-shaded you will get your money back and more. So making a HD game is work making a low-budget Wii game is playing Roulette.

You simply don't understand. They don't have to sell well to become profitable neither you don't have to have big bets, if they happen to fail make profit its not that big loss. Low-budget wii game is like playing roulette and making HD titles is like playing russian roulette.

jRPGs will suffer the most, unfortunately.

Shooters + Casual Games will be just fine.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

I care more about the quality of the JRPGs we do get instead of the quanity of them.  Less JRPGs might make them better overall.

Riachu said:
FinalEvangelion said:

I care more about the quality of the JRPGs we do get instead of the quanity of them.  Less JRPGs might make them better overall.

How will Namco making one less RPG make one of SE's RPGs better?