By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console Titles are Big In Europe

Just looking at the sales charts it seems obvious that there are big differences between gamers tastes in the USA and Japan.  I was wondering what are the big titles in Europe on consoles. 

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network

A lot closer to NA than NA is to Japan. We don't have game data for Europe yet. We'll have to wait for someone in Europe to answer

I know GT is big in europe ( for ps3)
but thats all i really know about
I do know that UK enjoys xbox games like halo then you would expect so O.o

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Gran Turismo and GTA.

GTA, footy games, racing especially GT, Halo seems to be a 2nd tier franchise (big, but not US big), singing games.

I don't know, those are the ones I'm sure have done well in the past.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. They go crazy for Singstar.

As mentioned, they love the Gran Turismo series, as well as GTA.
Their "Madden" so to speak, is Pro Evolution Soccer, and I believe the other soccer games do decently as well.

I've also heard that Europe goes bananas over SingStar, although I haven't actually looked at any of those games sales figures.

I was under the impression that FIFA and Pro Evo do about evenly overall, but there being regional differences in which one they prefer.

GT, GTA, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario, FIFA, PES (UK raises the football games numbers), NHL (for northern Europe same as PES in UK), Metroid, Halo, WRC. I think those were the games that people wait everytime new one in the series comes out. Edit: I forgot to mention Zelda and Final Fantasy, also Formula 1 games would be worth mentioning.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

endimion said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
I know GT is big in europe ( for ps3)
but thats all i really know about
I do know that UK enjoys xbox games like halo then you would expect so O.o

no kidding I was damn sure it was a WII game stole from XB :D

danmit endimion =P

=)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.