By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should learn to cater to us after game of the year awards.

Dear Nintendo,

Can you please stop smoking the finest cuban cigars made by the playmate of the year becasue I have a big issue you need to learn. 

Nintendo, you were barely in game of the year nominations all around last year.  Because of that, it will lead to your companys downfall.  You see Nintendo, you need the gaming media's attention and absolute loyality of forum dwellers to survive.   I know your rolling your eyes right now going ""Honestly we don't care, because in the end our games sold more meaning more people actually played our game than the actual nominated one making the awards pointless."" 

BUT.  Your wrong Nintendo.  You may just keep selling a lot of consoles and software, you may make more profit then actually rise in value on the market.  But you know not winning game of the year will eat at you, slowly.  Your developers will lose motivation because making that extra million is like a banana split without the cherry...sure you got a full filling desert but that little bit extra was never there.  Soon you'll just give up all together leaving the market for HARDCORE gamers and letting developers getting back to making large epic games that don't make them a profit yet its ok there experessing there creativity which you tried to ROB THEM OF.

So enjoy you ivory tower for the moment Nintendo, the tied began to turn when we picked a game that wasn't on your system.  Soon it'll spread....soon.

Around the Network

I would say that Nintendo just scraps fun for simplicity.

Just... Like... Spore...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

So your saying they should have released Smash Bros later in the year so people would still be talking about it?

Or are you saying that they should start making a bunch of the games we already know they're making?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
So your saying they should have released Smash Bros later in the year so people would still be talking about it?

Or are you saying that they should start making a bunch of the games we already know they're making?

Cmon man, I expect more from you.

Kid-tendo probably doesn't even care. Keep making Wii Fit sequels every year, Nint-grandma. Hardcore gamers actually know something about gaming, and they buy way more games then the casuals. When the casuals move on to the next Tickle Wii Elmo, the chickens will come home to the other foot.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
Erik Aston said:
Kid-tendo probably doesn't even care. Keep making Wii Fit sequels every year, Nint-grandma. Hardcore gamers actually know something about gaming, and they buy way more games then the casuals. When the casuals move on to the next Tickle Wii Elmo, the chickens will come home to the other foot.

We're in 2009 and still talking about Casuals and Hardcore??? Good grief!!!

Dinomax! you have gone too far this time! ;)

This is a terrible post. That is all...

Your Faults:
-Nintendo not releasing too many games won't effect the system's sales at all... Biggest year ever for Wii had the least first party releases during the holidays, which is when it sold the most...
-You say they need the support of Forums... These forums have never once made me change any of my future purchases... And I doubt It would make much of a difference if they didn't have this support at all (Which they still do)
-Because they didn't win many awards, Nintendo's going to go out of business..... that's essentially what your saying.... That's just stupid on so may levels...
-The awards do mean something, but not really sales wise... Brawl lost GotY on Wii to World of Goo on many sites..... I guess that SSBB will stop selling and World of Goo will suddenly be the best selling game ever...
-So you know what Nintendo's is thinking do you? When will the next Zelda be released?
-So even if Nintendo makes more money on SW and HW, they will slowly go out because they didn't win enough GotY awards? What?
-So the developers will suddenly stop working because they didn't win enough GotY awards? If this was true, gaming wouldn't exist..... Movies wouldn't exist, Books wouldn't exist, and you would be a genius..... Not winning doesn't effect there devs at all, not when they're making Billions in Revenue each year!
-You're telling me that you, some person on an internet forum, is smarter then Nintendo, a Multi-Billion dollar company who is still turing massive profits even with most of the world's company's feeling large losses from international ressesion?

And judging from your Profile Pic, this is just a flamebait thread...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Lol, pretty good, Dinomax. We all know Nintendo wants the praise from us all-important forum-goers.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

There are enough games for the Wii to have the best selling week ever, and companies like money, so I think they will continue making games that everyone would like, instead of a select few. If they WERE doing bad, with the economy the way it is right now it wouldn't be smart to try something new either.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)