By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii turn into the more expensive console?

One_touch_KO said:
d21lewis said:
Interesting observation, One_touch_KO. I hadn't noticed that historical tidbit!

Sarcasm??? :S

Not at all.  I usually notice stuff like "the most powerful console never wins" or "white/grey consoles always outsell black consoles".  I didn't notice that one.  I'm not sarcastic all the time!

Around the Network

If Nintendo cuts the price to $199.99 some time this year ... the resulting sales surge would be something epic to behold. 

RolStoppable said:
TWRoO said:
RolStoppable said:

From my understanding the Pro model of the 360 is the most popular one and in Europe it costs less than the Wii (€240 vs. €250). I think the same is true in Japan. So America is the only region left in which the 360 can't be called the cheapest console yet.

Hmmm, well the Arcade model made up half of the X360 American sales for Black Friday week, so the question is was it just because it was black friday week, or has it been the best seller since the price cut, or has it managed to become the best seller of the three even before the cut?

We should only call the 360 cheaper than the Wii if we can be sure that the majority of its sales come from models priced lower than the Wii. It's already safe to say this for Japan and Europe because the Arcade and the Pro are cheaper than the Wii. For now it involves too much speculation to claim that the Arcade makes up the majority of 360 sales in America, so let's stick to saying that the Wii is still the cheapest system over there.

Well I agree...

Swoosh2000 said:

If Nintendo cuts the price to $199.99 some time this year ... the resulting sales surge would be something epic to behold. 

That's only true when demand < supply, which isn't true for the Wii at the moment.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Swoosh2000 said:

Yea the console should sell more, but it would not be as much profitable as it is now...

Around the Network

That would be interesting if it happened.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Swoosh2000 said:

Yeah create a greater demand for something that is hard to get a hold of even greater to get a hold of.  I predict much rioting and more eb at higher price if this was to happen.

I TAKE NO SIDES

I think they should put there next system at 300 and add a few controller. Then it will sweeten up the deal a little more!

supermario128 said:
That would be interesting if it happened.

Well to be honest I predict end of generation prices to look like this:

360:  99$

PS3: 124$

Wii: 149$