By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Sony will cut PS3 price 1st of April

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/hardware/10455329.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

"My guess is that they will cut April 1, which is the day after the end of the fiscal year," Pachter said. "To cut $50 after Christmas doesn't do that much for you. Potentially, Sony could sell 3 million more units at a $50 incremental loss each. That's a $150 million loss, which is hard to reconcile with the job cuts the company has announced."

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

he look a flying pig...huh

I think if they dont cut it in spring, or Q1, I expect a cut in e3.

mM

Sony should wait for the fall before slashing the price by 100$. Just like 2 years ago.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I would say E3 through October is when there doing if they are...

Former something....

Around the Network

I dont think they need to cut price either, just because the much cheaper consoles are selling better.

The ps3 is selling very well, about = or slightly better than last year at the same timeframe.

The fanboys are screaming price cut because they want it to outsell the other consoles so they can gloat on the forums.

mM

Oh please he "guess", Why people still listen to this guy?

A price cut on April Fools Day?

I think the way to go is wait for September 09 and slash by £100 so that would be 9 months from now. In that time costs to build the console should have been cut. Then again a £50 price drop with Killzone 2 would go down very nicely.

Well one thing is for sure (IMO :P) when GT5 releases the PS3 will be £200.

Most likely. Fifty once, and then fifty again at the end of the year.

This will really, really help Killzone 2. They know it.