By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - most people find Wii the most enjoyable of the 3

i have all three and my wife would agree that the wii is the most enjoyable, but i don't.

Around the Network

Most people like Wii Sports more than Wii itself.

routsounmanman said:

But one usually does prefer the games of the console to the actual console.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Maybe because Wii sold the Most? LOL all i know is my favourite System is the PS3. Regardless of sales I Am most happy with it thus far and will be buying a PS4(Whatever its called) DAY 1.

appolose said:
routsounmanman said:

Still is obsurd. Like saying I like nicotine more than cigarettes.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
HappySqurriel said:

Even though there is no statistical evidence to support the claim, the sales numbers of the consoles do seem to support his argument ...

The reason why this is so hard for some people to come to terms with is because most people generally are surrounded by people with similar opinions to them; and this means that elitest graphics whore "Hardcore" gamers are generally surrounded by elitest graphics whore "Hardcore" gamers and their personal experience is so much different than most people's reality that they can't accept it.

Many millions of those wii buyers will never have played a PS3 or 360... so its an odd statement. That said, you have to hand it to Nintendo for capturing a massive new audience.

I would personally argue that Nintendo has done an excellent job at tapping into an existing audience that has been ignored for (far) too long, and reaching out to new gamers.

If you look at the sales of HD consoles, their combined sales are in the 50% to 60% of the previous generation's combined console sales; on top of this we know that there is a fairly large overlap of HD console owners and Wii owners. What this tells me is, either we have gone through the worst videogame industry crash in history and the meteoric rise of non-gamers is a saving grace or a lot of people who owned a PS2, XBox, Gamecube or Dreamcast bought a Wii as their only console.

Now, there are tons of people who would argue that this couldn't be the case because the Wii doesn't have a great selection of a particular genre but I think they need to look at the bigger picture. The most played games of the previous generation only ever sold to (about) 10% of gamers, and quite a few of these massive selling games had overlap of people who bought them ... Basically, a large percentage of people who owned games like Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy and Halo owned other games that were as large and successful. What this means is that there are a lot of gamers (potentially in the 66% to 75% range) who are very interested in playing games but there are not that many games being produced for them.

In my opinion, the Wii has provided a playstyle which better appeals to a lot of these ignored gamers.

I actually expected a link to a survey or article.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I agree. I like the Wii the most. But then again, I dont own any other console and dont intend to.

The reason? I dont want to be full of hatred and contempt, like 90% of the HD console owners on here.

And anyone feeling offended by this statement: you are part of the other 10%, so chill.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

routsounmanman said:
appolose said:
routsounmanman said:

Still is obsurd. Like saying I like nicotine more than cigarettes.

But you don't buy a console just to have one; you buy one to play games on it.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Misery loves company and jealousy is something that can invade anyones mind and express itself in pathetic ways. This applies to all cases not just gaming.

There is no set time, no real substance to "why" finding that answer wold probably make you a very rich psychologist. It's not totally random, it's just that your dealing with individuals who sound the exact same to someone who isn't sensative to their points.

A unique example that may hold some water would be myself; I find that I'm not the first to view the Xbox and PS forums because although I own a PS3 I'm not sensative to the issues around it. However I'm always the devils advocate so simply because most people hate the Wii is why I love the Wii. *_* So I can view Wii news and not be bored to death.

I think I just went on a tangent there...

Anyway just ignore the threads and report it to a moderator, don't get confused by them because that was either the intent or the author is confused themself.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D