By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need Some help

I got a copy of Last Remnant on Xbox360 for christmas from my parents and it seems to be giving my console some troubles. About every 2 hours(sometimes under 20 minutes) my console overheats.. It's in a nice open space, the power brick is the maximum distance away in a nice open space, each with about a foot of clerance on all sides.

I'm really worried, my old 360 was in the same exact place and took over a year to ring with no overheating ever. Is this an omen that the console doesn't want to live very long? Can I contact microsoft about this?(it's still within 3 months) How can I stop this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Around the Network

You have an Arcade? If not, try installing the game to the hard drive? Press the "Y" button on the first "channel" in the "My Xbox" section.

The disc drive won't be working, making the console not as hot as before.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
You have an Arcade? If not, try installing the game to the hard drive? Press the "Y" button on the first "channel" in the "My Xbox" section.

The disc drive won't be working, making the console not as hot as before.

Elite and it's on the hard drive. It was actually the first thing I thought of. Running the game from HDD delays it but not by much sadly..

What do you mean it overheats? Does it freeze during mid-game or something?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

I mean the fan suddenly goes into it's highest gear, the game kicks off and I get 2 red lights.

Edit: and by suddenly I mean in a matter of a few moments it will go from fairly silent to sounding as if it's ready to take off for space..

Around the Network

Wow, I've never heard of that issue! Call Microsoft about it. You might have to play some other console games in the meantime (if you send it to them)...

Random game thought :

I would call Microsoft and get a refurb.

The best way to do it is to extend the truth. Say it happens after fifteen minutes of play and with every game.

Ultimately, the console is not properly performing the function Microsoft claimed it would and you are entitled too a replacement. But the above line will expedite the process.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

SHMUPGurus said:

Wow, I've never heard of that issue! Call Microsoft about it. You might have to play some other console games in the meantime (if you send it to them)...

Do you think they'll take care of it or will they just accuse me of being negligant?

As far as other console games it shouldn't be a problem I've got a nice new batch, a little for every console. Do you think this is like a foreshadow of a RRod?

souixan said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Do you think they'll take care of it or will they just accuse me of being negligant?

As far as other console games it shouldn't be a problem I've got a nice new batch, a little for every console. Do you think this is like a foreshadow of a RRod?

If you do what starcraft said, they'll take care of it! ;)

I'm not sure if it's like a foreshadow of a RROD, but 2 red rings of death is not a good sign anyways! You might want to read this: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fix-Red-Ring-of-Death&id=1432453

Random game thought :

Alright I figured I'd have to call them, just wanted to check and see if perhaps there was an easier way to handle it. Thanks again.