By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - History in the Making... Wii Sports to become #1 Sold Videogame of All Time

Khuutra said:
kabhold said:
Khuutra said:
kabhold said:

OK.  ill edit.  Same deal though.

It's not actually that unfair a comparison. We've all heard quite a few people talking about how they would get out of gaming if all games went the motion control route, right?

He's really just saying that people are afraid of change.

I'm not going to argue this.  I have read many posts by you.  You seem to be a very bright person.  If you disagree with me my opinion of you will not change. BUT I ask you... 

Do you really think it is a fair comparison.  The implementation of sound in films vs. the Wii.?

Next question: Who's afraid of the Wii?  Skeptical... maybe.  The wii's controls if done right are fun but.......eh im going to bed. good night. :)

EDIT- I'm drunk and I need sleep

Oh lord, in terms of affecting pop culture? God no, but that's because cinema back then was already way, way bigger than gaming is now. I agree it's not going to cause the same kind of uproar, no. Nothing like that.

But within our own narrow niche? Yeah, we might see just as big a change. Might is the key word here.

Basically I'll get back to you in ten years with an informed answer.

Have a good sleep.

Thank you for a valid prompt answer.  Good night.  :)

Around the Network

But Wii Sports is not an actual game. It's just a tech demo. There is no depth to it. It's just a waggle fest. It's also bundled with the Wii. It also has Wii in the name. I don't believe that their is one cut scene in it. The graphics are blah. The characters don't have legs. You can't even play a nine inning game of baseball. The controls aren't 1:1. It's just a waggle fest. Metacritic ratings of it aren't very high. Metacritic is always right when it backs up my opinions. I just spilt some milk. I'm going to cry. Wah! Wah!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
But Wii Sports is not an actual game. It's just a tech demo. There is no depth to it. It's just a waggle fest. It's also bundled with the Wii. It also has Wii in the name. I don't believe that their is one cut scene in it. The graphics are blah. The characters don't have legs. You can't even play a nine inning game of baseball. The controls aren't 1:1. It's just a waggle fest. Metacritic ratings of it aren't very high. Metacritic is always right when it backs up my opinions. I just spilt some milk. I'm going to cry. Wah! Wah!

You know what I'm starting to think? The less legs characters in a game do have, the more legs have the sales of the same game.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
amp316 said:

You know what I'm starting to think? The less legs characters in a game do have, the more legs have the sales of the same game.

You might be on to something.  Rayman doesn't have legs. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Yeah, and the legs of the characters in Mario Kart are hidden in the Karts...

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
Yeah, and the legs of the characters in Mario Kart are hidden in the Karts...

Not on the bikes though. 

In Carvival Games the characters have legs but are missing arms.  That has to count for something and probably does help explain the continued sales.  

All games that has been bundled with the standard console pack, should not be counted. SMB and Wii Sports would never have sold that many units on their own. They'd easily sell millions, but not anywhere near the astronomic numbers they are at now. I'd say a game like Nintendogs is the game to celebrate over. It's sold more than 21 million alone and it has expanded gameing to the fairer sex in a massive way. When these little girls grow up, they will be games, just like us. Lucky son of mine.

N.Genckel said:
All games that has been bundled with the standard console pack, should not be counted. SMB and Wii Sports would never have sold that many units on their own. They'd easily sell millions, but not anywhere near the astronomic numbers they are at now. I'd say a game like Nintendogs is the game to celebrate over. It's sold more than 21 million alone and it has expanded gameing to the fairer sex in a massive way. When these little girls grow up, they will be games, just like us. Lucky son of mine.

I'd rather congratulate Pokemon Blu/Red... It has definitely sold over 25M (non-bundled).

Wii Fit, Nintendogs and Mario Kart Wii are all likely to beat that at some time though...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

How dare you interrupt our discussion about the concept of continous sales of software, Mister N.Genckel?

@ nintendo_fanboy After playing Wii Fit enough, you will feel as though you have no legs, and this backs up your theory about games with legs.