By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - History in the Making... Wii Sports to become #1 Sold Videogame of All Time

if that' s true than I'm really disappointed, since there are hundreds of game better.Another thing is that it's bundled with every wii, look at VC Charts in America sales: 1,000,930 wii sold and there is exactly 1,000,930 wii sports sold and just because it will be the best selling game of all time doesn't mean people like it.

Around the Network
darklich13 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
darklich13 said:
What about Minesweeper?

Now don't start. That's a stupid comparison and you know it. How many people have been at best buy, saw mine sweeper and said "Damn, I gotta get one of these PCs"?

People will complain, hem and haw, but wii sports has been on the Oscars, The nightly news, sitcoms, commercials, magazines, it's in bars, night clubs, theme parks, all the hell over the place. Fanboys even argue that people only buy wii for wiisports and then never play their wii again, but when it comes time to give credit to wii sports it's just a demo and people aren't buying their wii's for that crap. People see wii sports and are blown away by it, and must have it, then go out and buy a wii. I won't defend wiiplay because that is a controller with a game, but wii sports is the reason for the wii's success and it deserves every bit of credit that it gets.

You make a good point but for me, Wii Sports will always have an asterix next to its name.

WiiSports*

*Bundeled with system

ok lets asterisk all the game in the past  2 years that have been put into manufactorers bundles

Kung Fu Panda*

Forza 2*

Marvel Ultimate Alliance*

MGS4*

LBP*

Resistence*

Lego Indiana Jones*

Sega Super Stars Tennis*

Devil May Cry 4*

Gran Tourismo Prologue*

and yes WiiSports*

wow when you look at it, nintendo bundles less games than the rest of you all.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

^
GTA4 can be added IIRC.

bigjon said:
darklich13 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
darklich13 said:
What about Minesweeper?

Now don't start. That's a stupid comparison and you know it. How many people have been at best buy, saw mine sweeper and said "Damn, I gotta get one of these PCs"?

People will complain, hem and haw, but wii sports has been on the Oscars, The nightly news, sitcoms, commercials, magazines, it's in bars, night clubs, theme parks, all the hell over the place. Fanboys even argue that people only buy wii for wiisports and then never play their wii again, but when it comes time to give credit to wii sports it's just a demo and people aren't buying their wii's for that crap. People see wii sports and are blown away by it, and must have it, then go out and buy a wii. I won't defend wiiplay because that is a controller with a game, but wii sports is the reason for the wii's success and it deserves every bit of credit that it gets.

You make a good point but for me, Wii Sports will always have an asterix next to its name.

WiiSports*

*Bundeled with system

ok lets asterisk all the game in the past  2 years that have been put into manufactorers bundles

Kung Fu Panda*

Forza 2*

Marvel Ultimate Alliance*

MGS4*

LBP*

Resistence*

Lego Indiana Jones*

Sega Super Stars Tennis*

Devil May Cry 4*

Gran Tourismo Prologue*

and yes WiiSports*

wow when you look at it, nintendo bundles less games than the rest of you all.

Yep, that is the way I see it. Take for instance Kung-Fu Panda.  Although it is a nice game, especially coming from a movie, there is no way the sales would be where they are at without being bundled. 

Now what about the games that come with an Ipod? There are something like 150 million Ipods out there and a good portion of those are of the classis variety that include some sort of game for free.  Should these games be considered?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Nintendo or WiiSports because even if your subtract the "Offical" bundeled games, Nintendo is still on top.  The way I see it is that in order for a game to be the #1 SOLD Videogame of All time it has to be SOLD in the first place.

I am more than happy to accept WiiSports as the #1 Bundled Videogame of All Time because it does deserve that distinction.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Khuutra said:
Solitaire can't be the best-selling game of all time. It's free. You can download it from Microsoft for free right now. There are no licensing fees. You do not pay for it!

No, you still need windows to play the game so you are paying for the license!

edit:

wine/cedega/pirated windows does not count!

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Solitaire can't be the best-selling game of all time. It's free. You can download it from Microsoft for free right now. There are no licensing fees. You do not pay for it!

I own a deck of cards!

Also I can run it just fine in WINE on Linux!

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

I own a deck of cards!

Also I can run it just fine in WINE on Linux!

I knew it! I should have mentioned wine, since it is obvious that there are people trying to be smart. ;(

you should change the thread title to most bundled game off all time.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
you should change the thread title to most bundled game off all time.

This would only be necessary if there was an unbundled game which sold more.

I think the best sold game ever should be then Snakes ,as it is bundled with most cell phones since 10 years ago .