By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - When installing ram

My floor is carpet and I haven't had any trouble. Just touch the PSU often and don't scoot around on the carpet itself much.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Most chips are static resistant compared to 30 years ago. It used to be a lot easier to fry a ram chip then it is today...

If you want to play it safe short sleeved shirt or rolled up sleeves and just make sure your arm is touching the case while you put it in.
That or put it in with one hand while you hold the side of the case

These days I don't even bother, except maybe unless I'm building a big server and I don't want the headache of having to report the RAM DOA when it's meant to be installed the next week.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Touching the metal case is more than enough.
Which you have to anyways while opening up your computer case.

I got a free crocodile clip attached to a ribbon....masquerading as a "free anti-static saftety clip worth £5" when I bough some ram 10 years ago!

Like others have said don't go rubbing up on synthetic materials and you'll be all good.

Around the Network

Soak yourself in water.

The "water leads electricity" is just a fake that Pokemon invented pack in the 20th century.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Soak yourself in water.

The "water leads electricity" is just a fake that Pokemon invented pack in the 20th century.

No. You've got it wrong.

Water makes Electric type stronger. So, it's not a good thing.

What he needed is Earth type. So, the best option is to dig a hole and "ground" his feet.

Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Soak yourself in water.

No. You've got it wrong.

Water makes Electric type stronger. So, it's not a good thing.

What he needed is Earth type. So, the best option is to dig a hole and "ground" his feet.

Or, even better, run into your yard, catch an animal (that resides underground), and hold it while installing the ram.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

nothing ? i dunno i've never had a problem. Sometimes i might touch the radiator but i' dunno if it helps or anything XD

Check out my game about moles ^