By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - the WII/60 factor

I haven't found a post asking that question...

how do you think that the fact that a WII+360 after price cut is about the same than a PS3 alone would affect the sale number... with people wanting an HD system or just another system in addition of the WII and/or just buy a WII/60 combo for next christmas instead of a PS3...

I'm not interested into flame and troll, and argument about the quality of consoles and which combo or single console is better.... I want some advise and thought analyzis  filled with facts and numbers... if you think people would rather get a WII/PS3 it works for me too if you explain why in an analitic way....

Around the Network

Most people will only buy 1 system, especially early on in a generation.

Wii will get the former non gamers, and some casuals along with Nintendo fans mostly.

360 will get the Halo fans, some core gamers.

PS3 will get the people who buy it for Blu Ray and some core gamers.

Take those factors and add allegiances to certain big franchises and that's how the early adopters of the consoles should break down.

350 dollars is still not cheap enough for the average buyer, it just brings in more core gamers, especially the Halo people who havent bought a 360 yet. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yep.

People dont buy 2 consoiles in the same time,
I dont think the "price point" u underlign will be a big point.

But yes, I think people may buy 2 consoles successively Wii/PS3 or Wii/Xbox360 depending on how long this generation last (if Wii2 is coming no need to buy another consoleof this current gen).

Time to Work !

While I do think the Wii + 360 is great, most consumers don't look at the PS3 price versus the price of the Wii and 360, they look at the price of the PS3 versus the price of the 360 or versus the Wii.

Around the Network

Yep.

yeah I know, but people who spent I don't know how much last christmas for a bundle WII... probably have enough to buy an other system if they want this year....

me i'm seriously considering buying a WII as many of my (grown up friends 30 YO average) friends who have a 360 already... and I noticed the same among the one who just have a WII around me.. mostly because they like the WII to play with family (kids) or friends (cook out during baseball or football season etc..) but don't really play it solo except a couple games... and feel like they would have more solo game and/or online fun with a 360 in addition... or a PS3 but look at the 360 more because of the price combo factor....

oh I said grown up just to point out the fact that they have the money power to do it and don't have to ask mum and dad to get one :) that's it

Im going to end up with this combo for a while. Im not buying a PS3 till next year probably. I currently own a 360 and my gf is going to buy a Wii, so we will have a Wii60 household.

Its a nice combo me thinks. 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

lol yeah that's another good point of the WII... chicks like it more usually and you can get them to play with you without having them being bored after 5 minutes....