By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-ray taking Europe by storm! ~Positive Sony News~

flagship - hate to break it to you but the format is actually selling. I know it must pain. Were you an HDDVD supporter? I'd hate blu-ray as much as you too if my format of choice got wiped clean outta the war so early

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I like this thread mainly because of its pics

Wow, BluRay + PS3 manage to outsell a format that's a decade old and one everyone already owns

I bet most people already have 2 or 3 DVD capapable players.

I have:

xbox

xbox 360

TIVO dvd player

2 PCs

1 Laptop

2 DVD/player surround sound systems

2 dvd players (pluss one more in a box)

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:

Wow, BluRay + PS3 manage to outsell a format that's a decade old and one everyone already owns

I have:

xbox

xbox 360

TIVO dvd player

2 PCs

1 Laptop

Luckily for me, my PS3 also plays DVD

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Tyrannical said:

I have:

xbox

xbox 360

TIVO dvd player

2 PCs

1 Laptop

lol,,,just accept it ,,,anything positive for sony/PS3 gets on your nerve like hell,,,,even some other 360 fanboys don't spin a postive news for PS3/Sony like you do.

I mean in every freaking positive news you are there with a spin.

don't you feel a bit dizzy yourself?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
flagship - hate to break it to you but the format is actually selling. I know it must pain. Were you an HDDVD supporter? I'd hate blu-ray as much as you too if my format of choice got wiped clean outta the war so early

This and Agreed. +2

SpartanFX said:
Tyrannical said:

I have:

xbox

xbox 360

TIVO dvd player

2 PCs

1 Laptop

lol,,,just accept it ,,,anything positive for sony/PS3 gets on your nerve like hell,,,,even some other 360 fanboys don't spin a postive news for PS3/Sony like you do.

I mean in every freaking positive news you are there with a spin.

don't you feel a bit dizzy yourself?

This and Agreed aswell. +2 people seem to be use to negative news about sony and blu-ray, and im here to provide and prove them wrong. :P HOLY CRUSADE FTW!!! XD

Tyrannical said:

I have:

xbox

xbox 360

TIVO dvd player

2 PCs

1 Laptop

Uhm, the blu-ray didn't aim to beat the DVD, it aimed to beat HD-DVD. Blue-Ray itself IS  DVD. HD-DVD is a format which enables movied to be watched in higher quality. Blu-Ray does just that and more.

There is a BluRay player for 180 Euros advertised in Germany. No wonder it starts selling.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Really? I'm European, almost all my friends cares about tech and I don't know One person with a Blu-Ray player that isn't a PS3. I've hardly ever seen a Blu-Ray movie in a private home. It's like noone gives a fuck.