By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pope: Gayness as dangerous as the rainforest being destroyed.

Apparently if left unchecked mankind will self destruct.

I guess he agrees with Stephen Colbert that everyone would be gay if given the chance...

or something.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7796663.stm

Around the Network

Man, that is about the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Man, that is about the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life.

Yeah... i mean depopulation is a problem for like Italy... but that's got nothing to do with gayness.

I mean heck, if anything gay marriage and adoption would increase the demand for children.

I love the infallibility of the Pope. This is now Catholic fact! Let's start the genocide against the gays to save mankind!

I can't wait for some pope to be over 100 years old in the future, and get really senile, and start to say priests can get married, even gay priests, and then every Catholic has to accept it.

Being protestant, I have no specific respect for the pope...

However... I think I may have to agree... only replace "destruction of the rain forest" with "global warming", and "as", with "more", and we're golden...

Meh... looking at it from a christian standpoint... gayness = abomination, strictly forbidden in the bible... cutting down the rain forest... = not specifically mentioned...

So that must be his reasoning... I can't go ahead and say he's flat-out wrong... but I can't say he's completely right either...

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
Being protestant, I have no specific respect for the pope...

However... I think I may have to agree... only replace "destruction of the rain forest" with "global warming", and "as", with "more", and we're golden...

Meh... looking at it from a christian standpoint... gayness = abomination, strictly forbidden in the bible... cutting down the rain forest... = not specifically mentioned...

So that must be his reasoning... I can't go ahead and say he's flat-out wrong... but I can't say he's completely right either...

So you're saying "Gayness is more dangerous than global warming"? Is this like a trick where you mean that you don't believe in global warming, thus it negates any impact the first part of your comment may have?

Also weren't there other things forbidden in the Bible alongside gayness?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I love the infallibility of the Pope. This is now Catholic fact! Let's start the genocide against the gays to save mankind!

I can't wait for some pope to be over 100 years old in the future, and get really senile, and start to say priests can get married, even gay priests, and then every Catholic has to accept it.

I am Greek Orthodox and, therefore, disagree with the doctrine of Papal infallibility. This, however, was not an infallible pronouncement. This was simply the Pontiff providing his opinion. The invocation of Papal infallibility is a rare occurrence. I believe the last ex cathedra decision was pertained to the Assumption of Mary.

Gayness is only strictly forbidden in Leviticus, and I highly doubt you take any other sentence in that book seriously. If you do take Leviticus seriously in the year 2008, then I'm sure you're aware that gayness is the same abomination as girls with short hair and guys with long hair, or the same abomination as girls wearing their hair down instead of up.

Jackson50 said:

I am Greek Orthodox and, therefore, disagree with the doctrine of Papal infallibility. This, however, was not an infallible pronouncement. This was simply the Pontiff providing his opinion. The invocation of Papal infallibility is a rare occurrence. I believe the last ex cathedra decision was pertained to the Assumption of Mary.

Oh, I didn't know they had to invoke it.  Damn.

Looks like my Catholic school education only focused on the Bible, gays, and abortions, and left out the Papal stuff.  Weird.  I should have known that.

Gayness is only strictly forbidden in Leviticus, and I highly doubt you take any other sentence in that book seriously. If you do take Leviticus seriously in the year 2008, then I'm sure you're aware that gayness is the same abomination as girls with short hair and guys with long hair, or the same abomination as girls wearing their hair down instead of up.

Oh cool. You know about the banished stuff. What else was on that list? Wasn't jerking off and premarital wet humping on there too?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.