By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - In 3 Days, I enter the world of Computer Games

Civilization sounds like a good game.

Cross out any shooters you have in your list please. I have very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, little desire for shooters.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Oh, did I forget to mention that I own Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 as well, the evil little bastard not letting me play.

I'll show you not enough memory and too poor graphics capabilities!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Hm, looks like I'm the only person offering some serious help here, with free games you can play right now on any computer, even the one you're using now. If you have any questions related to a particular game, genre, or how to use DOSBox or anything, feel free to ask.

We can't let your unfortunate date of birth keep you from enjoying a bunch of the classics.

This place has WarCraft 1 (1994, 5 MB) and WarCraft 2 (1995, 14 MB). Get to work.

I haven't mentioned an FPS in any of my posts.

Blackthorne and Flashback and Out of This World have guns, but they're not shooters at all. They're 2-D platformers, and some of the best. Out of This World is a really cruel trial-and-error puzzle/platformer where each screen is insanely hard, but really satisfying when you finally figure it out. Flashback has lots of jumping and looking for items and keys and fighting some guys that are hunting you down. Blackthorne is made by Blizzard back in their SNES days, and you're a badass messiah with a shotgun, freeing prisoners in another dimension.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I haven't mentioned an FPS in any of my posts.

Blackthorne and Flashback and Out of This World have guns, but they're not shooters at all. They're 2-D platformers, and some of the best. Out of This World is a really cruel trial-and-error puzzle/platformer where each screen is insanely hard, but really satisfying when you finally figure it out. Flashback has lots of jumping and looking for items and keys and fighting some guys that are hunting you down. Blackthorne is made by Blizzard back in their SNES days, and you're a badass messiah with a shotgun, freeing prisoners in another dimension.

I wasn't talking to you!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Well you should be talking to me, because I'm suggesting the best games, no shooters, and they're all free and should even work on your current computer.

i recommend fallout 2, or the kotor, or you can downloads a few emulators

100% Mexican Power

If you want some free fun then Trackmania Nations Forever is the game for you.

Here is a incomplete list of games you could try:

Strategy:
Heroes of Might and Magic III or V
Civilization 4 (MUST PLAY)
The Settlers 10th anniversary
Worms World Party
Sid Meier's Railroad!
Sid Meier's Pirates!

RPG
Morrowind/Oblivion
KOTOR
Baldur's Gates

Sports
PES 6
Virtua Tennis 3/Top Spin 1

Driving
GTR 2/Race 08 (if wheel)

Puzzle
World of Goo
Crazy Machines

Ickalanda said:
Gratz, heres a big game list, you can select the ones that you want, but these are ones I find rather enjoyable. And I know you said you have no interest in shooters but some of these are worth checking out.

All of the Quake Games
All of the Doom games

WarCraft 3
Diablo 2
World of WarCraft
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 1942
Gears of War

StarCraft
Unreal Tournament
Call of Duty games

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Rise of Nations
Oblivion
Morrowind
The Orange Box
Any games from the Total War series
Microsoft Flight Simulator is pretty fun
Crysis
Roller Coaster Tycoon has it's moments

And that's what I've got for you, I hope you'll take some of them into consideration.

There is the list with shooters crossed out.  And also I did recognize the fact that you had said no shooters, but not all shooters are completely mindless games or anything like that.  And if your into old games too WarCraft 1 and 2 are really great and you should play them if you are looking into getting into the WarCraft universe.

PC Gamer