By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - In 3 Days, I enter the world of Computer Games

dtewi said:
I have no interest whatsoever in shooters. I literally do not want to play any shooter.

Although, Portal looks reasonably great.

Metacritic, Portal is at 90, user rating is 9.6 out of 10

(I so want it but my computer can't handle anything good~

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

So, I'm guessing my computer should be able to handle it if it is from three years ago.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
So, I'm guessing my computer should be able to handle it if it is from three years ago.

Possibly

My own computer I can't handle it because of the lowest ram EVAR (384meg, LOL)

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Congrats!  Have fun man!

I would like to suggest Starcraft, Diablo 1 or 2, Warcraft 3.  Your puter should be able to run World of Warcraft, if you have a decent internet connection that is.  Yes as you can see, Im a Blizzard fan.

Tifa got MOVES!

More intel is coming in.

Apparently, it is at least as recent as 2006.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
More intel is coming in.

Apparently, it is at least as recent as 2006.

It should run Portal

Looks like you've got some catching up to do. Don't worry, we're here to help. Here's a bunch of free old computer games. All really tiny fast downloads. You just need to install DOSBox to be able to emulate them all.

http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/action.php

I highly recommend Another World, Blackthorne, Flashback, the original Prince of Persia, the original GTA, Lemmings, Civilization 1 and/or 2, Populous, X-COM, and StarCraft. All should be free and legal but StarCraft, which should cost $5 or $10 tops these days. I think the whole Battle Chest is $20.

The Commander Keen games are good platforming by id before they got into Wolfenstein and Doom and whatnot. The first game is 161 KB, hahaha.

Oh, but don't get X-COM 1 from that site: it's a European version in some crazy language. The X-COM: Terror From the Deep is in English. You can find the first one in English at tons of other sites.

Soriku said:
dtewi said:
Oh no. No broadband. Maybe sometime in the moderately distant future maybe.

LOL fail.

What?

How have I failed by stating the truth?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Gratz, heres a big game list, you can select the ones that you want, but these are ones I find rather enjoyable. And I know you said you have no interest in shooters but some of these are worth checking out.

All of the Quake Games
All of the Doom games
WarCraft 3
Diablo 2
World of WarCraft
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 1942
Gears of War
StarCraft
Unreal Tournament
Call of Duty games
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Rise of Nations
Oblivion
Morrowind
The Orange Box
Any games from the Total War series
Microsoft Flight Simulator is pretty fun
Crysis
Roller Coaster Tycoon has it's moments

And that's what I've got for you, I hope you'll take some of them into consideration.

PC Gamer
Ickalanda said:
Gratz, heres a big game list, you can select the ones that you want, but these are ones I find rather enjoyable. And I know you said you have no interest in shooters but some of these are worth checking out.

All of the Quake Games
All of the Doom games
WarCraft 3
Diablo 2
World of WarCraft
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 1942
Gears of War
StarCraft
Unreal Tournament
Call of Duty games
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Rise of Nations
Oblivion
Morrowind
The Orange Box
Any games from the Total War series
Microsoft Flight Simulator is pretty fun
Crysis
Roller Coaster Tycoon has it's moments

And that's what I've got for you, I hope you'll take some of them into consideration.

He said no shooters though

Other than that, good list, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is good because you can "ride" the rides in 1st person =p