By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii have reached the PS2 in UK

Oyvoyvoyv said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I find it imposssible to believe that the PS2 only had 4 million sellers when it had an install base of atleast 10 million, maybe close to 20 million over there.

What about all the Gran Turismo's?

You're on a site that has the numbers... It took me 6 seconds (I counted) to check the PS2's total in UK. 10.1M

That's 1/5 of the Ps2's total in Others.

How many Ps2 games sold over 5M in Others?

GTA: SA (listed)

GTA: Vice City (listed)

GTA 3 (4.7M)

GT3 (5.85M)

GT4 (5.61M)

And... The Simpsons: Hit & Run... 2.67M...?

The GTs not selling 1M is very possible, UK doesn't buy exactly 1/5 of all the games in Others.

I always thought the UK made up the majority of sales in PAL regions. Well, I know it does now... maybe it wasn't that big a market last gen.

Around the Network

Yeah I think that many games could be above 1M: FFX, FFXII, GTIII, GTIV, PES, FIFA, etc etc etc

Oyvoyvoyv said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I find it imposssible to believe that the PS2 only had 4 million sellers when it had an install base of atleast 10 million, maybe close to 20 million over there.

You're on a site that has the numbers... It took me 6 seconds (I counted) to check the PS2's total in UK. 10.1M

GTA 3 (4.7M)

GT3 (5.85M)

GT4 (5.61M)

The GTs not selling 1M is very possible, UK doesn't buy exactly 1/5 of all the games in Others.

Wow, way to cherrypick.

Mario Kart Wii has sold 5.15 million in PAL so far, and 1 million (at least) in the United Kingdom. If Gran Turismo 4 had an ever higher total (and racing games, especially Gran Turismo, are fairly popular in the UK), there's no reason it shouldn't have sold at least 1 million there. Mario & Sonic had an even lower total. I could go on and on. The list is just not accurate by any means and it's quite easy to tell that.

Yeah... a link would be nice Manuel.

Am I done owning the living hell out of this thread, or is there more work to be done?

Around the Network

Yeah, where is the link at?

MontanaHatchet said:
The number of PS2 games is clearly low. It would be better with a source or link, since I find this quite hard to believe.

This is based on ELSPA sales awards, which you can find on their website.

About the topic, although they are even with PS2 as far as million sellers, they haven't shown the same depth when it comes to titles selling over 600k. The only ones on Wii are the ones which also reached 1 million, but PS2 also has 23 titles reaching 600k but not getting up to 1 million.

GTA,GTA,GTA SIMPSONS GAME!?!?!?!?!?!?!

MontanaHatchet said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

GTA 3 (4.7M)

GT3 (5.85M)

GT4 (5.61M)

Wow, way to cherrypick.

Mario Kart Wii has sold 5.15 million in PAL so far, and 1 million (at least) in the United Kingdom. If Gran Turismo 4 had an ever higher total (and racing games, especially Gran Turismo, are fairly popular in the UK), there's no reason it shouldn't have sold at least 1 million there. Mario & Sonic had an even lower total. I could go on and on. The list is just not accurate by any means and it's quite easy to tell that.

About your Mario Kart Wii analogy, the Wii has ~ 1/3 of its total userbase in the UK. So 5.15M for that would lead to it having sold more in the UK than GT.

Mario & Sonic has already been mentioned as a million seller by several companies.

Other than that, I'm sorry, I might not have been clear about my original post.

What I was trying to do, was to point out reasons to how the list could be correct, by using the VGChartz total Others data. Of course this isn't accurate, but I (and others) have done this so many times I figured people would by now understand that this is just a way of trying to estimate it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Yeah give us a link cause that's pretty unlikely seeing that the PS3 sold 10M in UK and 50M in Others hence Uk has 1/5 of the install base and both GT 3 and 4 sold nearly 6M in others.