By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Some suggestions

1. On the charts, add a dotted line for "predicted" sales, so we can see roughly when crossovers or milestones will occur. Use the mean of the data for the last few weeks and keep adding that on each virtual week. 2. Show European software charts. 3. Fix the bug that, if you get asked to be a friend, and on the accept page you don't tick any user boxes to accept from and press OK, it comes up with an error. 4. Some sort of Agree/Disagree button on posts (or topics). This would be very, very hard without changing the forum software's core significantly, but I imagine people would have 1 vote (agree or disagree) on each post or topic that the poster enabled the ability to do so (To prevent factual posts being rated). 5. When the server "encounters an error" (Too many connections) while posting from a Quick Reply box, and the user presses back, can you keep the old post's text (Currently the box is blank with no way of retrieving it). 6. Can you tell me how that box works on the front page, at the bottom where it shows some usernames and their avatars under "SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT TODAY"? How does it decide to show certain names? 7. Upcoming-releases box on the front page, showing games in the next month or so, their platform, their region and a release date. 8. On the news section, maybe have stock market or profit tracking. 9. ioi will shoot me for this, but the server really does need an upgrade. Sometimes the site is so busy the forums never load and 90% of the time for me the charts don't load but come up with an orange error message after a minute. 10. Make it more obvious where your signature is. At least one other person apart from me didn't realiose it was under "My Interests" because people duplicate their signatures in "About Me" so I thought it was broken. 11. Little symbols somewhere on your post (Under the name?) for "Wii owner" "Xbox 360 owner" "PS3 owner" "DS Owner" and "PSP Owner". 12. Occasionally when you edit a post and press "Post", it comes up with a Quick Reply box in the middle of the screen, which could leave users confused as to what they should do (It happened to me first time).

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Ha, EU charts, that aint' going to happen anytime soon.

Game_boy said:
4. Some sort of Agree/Disagree button on posts (or topics). This would be very, very hard without changing the forum software's core significantly, but I imagine people would have 1 vote (agree or disagree) on each post or topic that the poster enabled the ability to do so (To prevent factual posts being rated).

As with any kind of Karma or disagree/agree system, terrible idea.  Every thread will turn into a whine and bitch fest because people are getting disagreed with for no apparent reason (that actually really is apparant).  The easiest way to see this in action is to just look at any Digg post.

And if I can add one more suggestion, let us edit or quote without the Rich Text Reply.

What about the other suggestions though? Number 11?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

See my sig.