By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come the XBOX supported up to 1080i and the PS2 didn't?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Agree with alot fo the above.

And yeah, its very shocking the the Original Xbox was more powerful then the PS2 yet PS2 had the Best 3rd party support...

That truly and deeply scares me because that could very well mean....for this gen...................OMG HELL NO!!! >_<

Too late don't you think? :P

And the Gamecube, despite being more powerful than the PS2 and almost on par with the Xbox, didn't had 720p titles.

No idea why, it had enough fillrate.

Around the Network
fazz said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And yeah, its very shocking the the Original Xbox was more powerful then the PS2 yet PS2 had the Best 3rd party support...

That truly and deeply scares me because that could very well mean....for this gen...................OMG HELL NO!!! >_<

And the Gamecube, despite being more powerful than the PS2 and almost on par with the Xbox, didn't had 720p titles.

Gamecube was not on par with the XBOX. IT was less powerfull. XBOX was the best console out there. How pitty, only the hardcore shooters fans appreciate it.

BrayanA said:
fazz said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Gamecube was not on par with the XBOX. IT was less powerfull. XBOX was the best console out there. How pitty, only the hardcore shooters fans appreciate it.

I think I said "almost". I said it right? Yes I said it.

PS2 didn't have that kind of power.

dbot said:
The PS2 would do 1080i but very few titles supported it. GT4 was the best known title with 1080i support.

4 ≈ One