By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Got Halo Info?

Hey guys,

Ive never been heavily into halo (dont even own the first one) but im finding it harder and harder to own a 360 and not be tempted to pick halo 3 up on day one.

Does anyone know info like how long the story mode is, what the frame rate is, and whether or not someone who likes shooters, but doesnt live for them, should buy this game?

thanks 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

hum if you want infos you should go on bungie.net you'll be better informed there... or wait until release or a couple days before and read some reviews... if I recall the fps is at 60.... and the story length should be around 10+ hours in normal mode like every FPS or game in general now.... but the real advantage will be to play online... that's what makes FPS replayable on most systems... the fact that you can play with or against friends...

Single Player story should be around 10-20 hours like every FPS ever made.

Single Player does have online and offline 4 player co-op through the entire game. Big boon to the game.

Frame rate should be locked @ 30fps at minimum.

The online mode is what makes the game tick and wind up being a great game. It's like a much better version of Goldeneye with everything on it. Tons of modes, no lag whatsoever, voice chat, lobbies, clans, everything that makes a FPS shooter a grand event on multiplayer. Litterally hundreds of millions of hours have been logged on Halo 2's multiplayer mode.

IMO, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to (even though I dislike Halo), is the 4 player on-line co-op through the entire single player game. Gears of War and Earth Defense Force 2017 were so awesome because of 2p co-op. I cannot fathom houw great it'd be with 4 player on Legendary.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Halo's a great game...Halo 3 will probably be epic...you should go for it.

And yeah, 4 player co-op makes it a must-buy.  Only recently have games been utilizing good co-op mechanics...even PC games.  There's a difference between "team multiplayer" and "co-op"... 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

thanks ppl

Around the Network

I'm one of those weird people that Played Halo 2 but never went multiplayer. Regardless, I fully enjoyed the Single player campaign and fell I got my money's worth and then some (ok, it was only 10 bucks at Boxing day) but still! It was good!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I'm one of those weird people that Played Halo 2 but never went multiplayer. Regardless, I fully enjoyed the Single player campaign and fell I got my money's worth and then some (ok, it was only 10 bucks at Boxing day) but still! It was good!

I know several people who never played the single player, lol

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I would highly recommend picking up halo 1, and 2 if you haven't played them. Halo 3 is all about ending the trilogy, and if you dont know what is ending in the first place, it wont be as good. But Halo 3 will be totally epic...GOTY almost confirmed.

stof said:

what not even trying mutltiplayer it's like making out on prom night with a girl.... having your way start f****** BIPPPPPP*** her *******bipppppp****** and not Cu*******bipppp******g

well you get the picture lol

:P 

lol...was at the game store to preorder Bioshock today. They gave me an awesome deal on trade-ins so i preordered halo 3 as well....... traded in perfect dark, kameo and DOA 4 and got halo 3 FREE