By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft cutting up to 10,000 jobs?

Christhegamer said:
This is just a rumours, but I think every company in the world will be laying people off in the next few months. That is what happens in a downturn. But we will see.

I agree... I think in January, the entire world will be affected by massive job cuts.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
^^^lol,,you mean him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTnQYScpyk

lol, now i know where Metalocalypse got the idea from

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

^^^you know who he is right?

the devil? the marketing gimmick and capitalist swine that turned Microsoft from a software company, that stole their only invention for basically nothing, into a monolith of financial power and success that has crushed all its enemies.

Balmer, yes i know him.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I don't wanna show disrespect to MS employees but I "hope" it's true cause this company will maybe stop all the bitchin with their crazy price cuts.

Around the Network

This is a good time for companies to downsize their low performers. You see a lot of companies with strong financials doing this.

Tremble said:
I don't wanna show disrespect to MS employees but I "hope" it's true cause this company will maybe stop all the bitchin with their crazy price cuts.

Don't count on it.

If MS truly does perform job cuts, it will only be preemptive. 

A lot of times, a company gets bloated with too many employees, but companies are wary of job cuts, because it makes the market think that the company is in trouble. Therefore, they'll hold on to people they don't really need.

With a bad market here, and every other company cutting people like crazy, it gives a good excuse for other companies that might be in a better financial situation to do the same without rasing the ire of the market. 

Also, if the world does slip into recession in a big way, then products like PCs will slow down in sales.  Therefore, you are better off cutting back jobs voluntarily before you are forced to later on.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Tremble said:

You make it sound like these price cuts are a bad thing.

Tremble said:

You hope 10k people lose thier jobs, so that you can feel better about the price of your game consoles?

i know with the dollar this weak they should be in heaven.

Hardly since America is their biggest market, a weakening dollar is more a stone tied to their neck. They buy their parts and produce their consoles in Taiwan, China etc. and get paid in dollar. Not exactly a winner. Game designers in the States are a plus though.