By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft cutting up to 10,000 jobs?

@NJ5.

I don't think MS is going to be immune from it.. with lower profit, less money will be spent on softwares... and the major source of income for MS is not us consumers but these large organization buying new windows licences tens of thousands.. So if Japanese exporters are getting hurt then it means less expenditure on technology, similarly imports to japan will be hurt so all the companies export to Japan will suffer and their expenditure on technology is going to be cut down.. and so and so..

So i think its a vicious cycle which will effect everyone and every company

Around the Network

This again shows how big this economic downturn is, but we shouldn't worry. MS...along with Sony will pull through

If true, I bet we will not see a ton of "Microsoft is Doomed" threads, like we saw for Sony recently. It looks like every gaming company, except for possibly Nintendo, will be affected by the economic crisis. Hopefully things start looking up in 09.

I think you should take it with a big grain of salt. I saw elsewhere that Microsoft were looking to hire, they wanted to aquire the best talent they could whilst the job market was scarce and they also said that they weren't looking to fire anyone. So rumour vs statement?

Tease.

Man, all of these people being layed off is terrible. =[

I'm happy to have job security.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
If true, I bet we will not see a ton of "Microsoft is Doomed" threads, like we saw for Sony recently. It looks like every gaming company, except for possibly Nintendo, will be affected by the economic crisis. Hopefully things start looking up in 09.

Of course not.

The community has to keep up the hypocrisy.

>_>

Thank god I work for a University.

its insane, 10,000 employees is more than twice as many as the entire nintendo workforce

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

They could always just fire one guy, someone that earns as much as 10,000 employees do together.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

^^^lol,,you mean him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTnQYScpyk