By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did anyone elses Ds "L" button stop working?

My "L" button has been acting up the last couple months and now it stopped working completly. I talked to a few Ds owners and they said that theirs is also doing the same thing. So i was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem.

Ds lite, the "DsPhat" L button is fine, i play my lite more though

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network

It's a tad sticky.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Mine is fine. I've had my ds for about two years now and play regularly.

Which DS? DSLite or just DSPhat... I've had the original for as long as it has been out.... and my buttons are fine, but my cousin has a DSLite and the L&R seem to stick when I played it...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

It did, i cleaned it and it worked perfectly again

Around the Network

Your to hardcore for the DS lol

Mine is fine, the right button is sticky, and the touchscreen doesnt work all the time =(

Yes, I had a DSLight, where both the L and R shoulder buttons stopped working. I actually think it is one of the more common problems, as Nintendo actually has buttons not working as a answer to a trouble shooting rather than grouping it with the any other problems option.

oh, and they gave me a brand new DSLite as replacement (it was under warranty)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yep, my L stopped working the day I purchased Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia (lucky!) my R button works fine though.

Yep mine has been dead for about 6 months now. Learnt to live with it and will probably live with it till DSI comes out in europe which probably won't be till 2011 given how well ds lite is doing in europe

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I've had mine since launch and it's fine.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089