By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If you could download and rent/buy full version games, would you?

Squilliam said:
scottie said:
It's not practical on a 360.

If a game just fits on one dual layer dvd it will be 9.4 gb, plus a bit for save data.

That means those who bought the most expensive 360 at launch would be able to buy 2 of these games.

Even if you shell out the dough for an elite, it would be a dozen games. Still not enough.

But anyway, I would buy whichever was cheaper, assuming there was a console that could actually do what you say

Its just another reason for 20gb owners like myself to upgrade eh? Besides, the games are 6.8gb not 9.4. So that means the 60gb owners could fit 3-4 games easily and the 120gb owners quite a bit more.

But until they cut the prices of the harddrives it's unfair to expect people to upgrade. Also, 360 can only play 6.8 gb discs? Wii more powerful than the 360 confirmed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_disc - 8.54 gb

Around the Network
scottie said:
Squilliam said:
scottie said:
It's not practical on a 360.

If a game just fits on one dual layer dvd it will be 9.4 gb, plus a bit for save data.

That means those who bought the most expensive 360 at launch would be able to buy 2 of these games.

Even if you shell out the dough for an elite, it would be a dozen games. Still not enough.

But anyway, I would buy whichever was cheaper, assuming there was a console that could actually do what you say

Its just another reason for 20gb owners like myself to upgrade eh? Besides, the games are 6.8gb not 9.4. So that means the 60gb owners could fit 3-4 games easily and the 120gb owners quite a bit more.

But until they cut the prices of the harddrives it's unfair to expect people to upgrade. Also, 360 can only play 6.8 gb discs? Wii more powerful than the 360 confirmed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_disc - 8.54 gb

Its an option, not a requirement. So how can it be unfair?

And yes, it is 6.8gb available. 1 GB is used for that DVD movie you get when you put the disk into a drive (DVD spec requirement) and a few hundred megs on something else. The Wii isn't a DVD player so they may have increased the capacity using higher density disks.

Tease.

I would definitely go for that especially as I seldom replay a game.

I have downloaded about 3 originals already and played them and find it handy enough.

I wouldn't mind buying if they were cheaper, and you could dl again should you have deleted and want a replay. Which is normal.

Not very used to the concept of renting games, but I wouldn't rent for half price of owning. Buying a physical copy I can take my time, play however long I want and usually still manage to sell it half price. So renting should be lower for me to consider.

I don't intend on upgrading my 20GB to anything larger though, but that's because I rarely play more than one game at a time.

NO

Around the Network

Yep.

no i can't pay for online, and i don't play to get a credit card. >_>
and hell i seriously don't that to download a game for a month to play it for like a day or week

No I like my boxes, enough said .

I for one would. Especially for games similar to the quality of L4D, Gears 2, or Halo 3. All 3 have massive amount of mulit-player awesomeness and would be worth the storage space on my HD, just for the replay value. PC has been doing this for years, consoles need to get with the program.....8-P.

I wouldn't. I like to have a physical copy of the game. I like the feeling of leaving the game store with the box for that new game you've been waiting for for so long.