By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - shock and awe. sega made a good game.

The majority of Sega's post-Dreamcast output has been garbage but they have always released the odd gem such as Crush and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. The level of quality in Valkyria Chronicles is well above average for Sega now-a-days but it is hardly surprising.

Around the Network

apprently OP never heard of Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, Sonic and the Secret rings, Sonic Rush on DS. Even Sonic Unleashed is a good game if you are not a mad fadboy who wants sonic to play like it did in 1992.

Games like Ironman, Hulk and Golden Axe weren't done by sega BTW. They were published by sega...and made by a crappy outsorced studio called Secret Level. Same way Sega can't take the credit for Condamned and Condamned 2 since those were done by monolith...and were amazing titles.

makingmusic476 said:
Phrancheyez said:
makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been nothing but crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.

@makingmusic - you have the most off-the-wall spastic views about video gaming of anyone on this site.  Really.  I thought the statement about Live's worst week being better than PSN's & WW/VC's best was bad..sheesh.  You never cease to amaze me.

However, I must respectfully disagree.  Sega has been crap ever since they got out of the console war.  One game, which I hated because every time I tried to play it (and I played it a lot while in college, because my instructor loved it) half of my army ran away like a bunch of pussies, isn't going to save the name of a company who religiously releases and believes in garbage software.

I still haven't tried Valkyrie Chronicles, but based on all the hype, I might have to go see if I can find a discounted copy up at my local GameStop.  I'm not big on SRPG's either, so maybe I'll try renting it.  However, if I can get it at $20 like you, why waste $10 renting it?

So you deny that the Total War series is a good series? :P

I'll give you that it was a good series, but its a niche title IMO..the majority of Sega fans were losing interest.

disolitude said:
apprently OP never heard of Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis 3, Sonic and the Secret rings, Sonic Rush on DS. Even Sonic Unleashed is a good game if you are not a mad fadboy who wants sonic to play like it did in 1992.

Games like Ironman, Hulk and Golden Axe weren't done by sega BTW. They were published by sega...and made by a crappy outsorced studio called Secret Level. Same way Sega can't take the credit for Condamned and Condamned 2 since those were done by monolith...and were amazing titles.

And the Sonic Rivals series on PSP. Both of those were amazing!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best games Sega has made since Shining Force II.

Around the Network

OMG! *Skips MGS4 and LBP for Valkyrie Chronicles* XD

Sega developed F-Zero GX. Bite your tongues crap sayers!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Sega developed F-Zero GX. Bite your tongues crap sayers!

Was that the one for gamecube?

Yes it was. And it's a better game than you will ever be!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Yes it was. And it's a better game than you will ever be!

Ehhh.... Okaaayy..  lol..

Well i just looked into my old gamecube collection and turns out i have it!!!

I went a few rounds and realized its a watered down, unresponsive, broken version of Sonys WipeOut games, be in the original WipeOut, HD or Pulse...

All in my honest opinion of course. :D

Come to think of it... WarHawk is Sonys StarFox isnt it? Hmmmm........ I gotta look more into this lol. Humans > Animals though @ Starfox and warhawk. XD