By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - shock and awe. sega made a good game.

I am in shock.  Over the years sega's name has come to be synonymous with the word crap (for reference see sonic for ps3/360).  Recently a shining gem has risen from the pile. A game by the name Valkyrie Chronicles.

Starting off I was afraid to plunk down any money to obtain the game that many people on this site were raving about, but when I was presented with the opprutunity to buy it for $20 I took the plunge.  I was apprehensive about buying it due to both sega's history, and the fact that I despise the srpg genre (I absolutly hate final fantasy tactics and disgae).  Shortly after popping in the disc I learned that this game was not your typical srpg, but rather very addictive crack cocaine pressed into disc form.

Around the Network

Sega has never been nothing but crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.

makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been nothing but crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.

Sega's never been anything but crap, yet throughout all time their TW series always kicked ass?

@_@

Anyway, the new Sonic Unleashed game for the Wii is great once you beat it! Playing through the day stages whenever you want is a blast. I also can't wait until Sonic and the Black Knight, The Conduit (they're just publishing it), and Madworld.

I've always loved Sega's games. The first two monkey ball games were also amazing!

wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:

Sega's never been anything but crap, yet throughout all time their TW series always kicked ass?

@_@

Anyway, the new Sonic Unleashed game for the Wii is great once you beat it! Playing through the day stages whenever you want is a blast. I also can't wait until Sonic and the Black Knight, The Conduit (they're just publishing it), and Madworld.

I've always loved Sega's games. The first two monkey ball games were also amazing!

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:

@_@

reading incomprehension ftw

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:

@_@

Haha, in his defense it took me a few rereads to figure out what you really meant aswell.

makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.
Better?

On-topic:
This game would have been a first day buy if I didn't promise myself to stop wasting hundreds of hours playing JRPG's(and any sub-genre). Ahhh, growing up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Sega has started to step up their game with a few of their most recent titles. I have a feeling that we won't be putting Sega down much longer. Well, I hope anyway.

iclim4 said:
makingmusic476 said:
wfz said:
makingmusic476 said:

@_@

Haha, in his defense it took me a few rereads to figure out what you really meant aswell.

makingmusic476 said:
Sega has never been crap. Even in their worst years the Total War series was still kicking ass.
Better?

On-topic:
This game would have been a first day buy if I didn't promise myself to stop wasting hundreds of hours playing JRPG's(and any sub-genre). Ahhh, growing up...

Pfft.  It was perfect the first time.

Sorry MM, but I really don't think your sentence was grammatically correct.

wfz said:
Sorry MM, but I really don't think your sentence was grammatically correct.

Are you insinuating that I could be grammatically incorrect?

And to think I used to like you.  >=(