By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why All The PS3 Hate?

They hate it because...its the sucessor to the best console ever created, and its very expensive.

mM
Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
@blazinhead89: Where did I say the article is rubbish? Am I not allowed to take points of the article and respond to them? Do I have to write a whole thesis discussing each sentence the article contains?

You a thesis? LOL, The point that your getting as is that your trying to shred/disprove the points you don't agree with so it makes it look like the article is full of nonsense amd unreliable. I Don't see you Shred through and try and disprove positive News for Microsoft and Nintendo. Why all the hate?

Perhaps you haven't looked hard enough. In no place did I say the article is full of nonsense, I simply pointed out some of its mistakes. It's not a well written article in any way (even if I agree with some of the points it makes).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
They hate it because...its the sucessor to the best console ever created imo, and its very expensive.

thats fine my dear

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

There's no such thing as a "must have" title.

I'm sure there's lots (10% +) Ps3 owners who would choose Singstar or Buzz or some other game over Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2. Less than 1/3 do probably consider one of those games to be their favourite game.

I read parts of the article now, and while he has a point, he messes it up by going into a defensive mode, and posting lots of "filler".

It is by no means a great article, but he has a point. Personally, I'd much rather have someone from VGChartz write this article, as there would actually be a point discussing it.

And Jgarret.

I believe the Ps3 will end at about the same as the X360. 45-55M. That's more than decent in units (heck, they might beat the SNES) and they will be closer to the Wii than the "losing" consoles have been in any previous generation (save for 4th gen, with SNES vs Genesis).

They need to sort themselves out financially, which they probably will to some extent. Sony and Microsoft know buisiness. They're not going to be complete morons and lose tons more money. They'll try to fill the gap they've lost so far. I believe that is their new primary priority.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Pristine20 said:
Slimebeast said:
Sigh. A wall of text written by an unknown blogger who obviously is a Sony fanboy.

How's a sony fanboy just calling for people to enjoy whatever console they have?

I'm not too familiar with the site. Someone linked the article from the afterdawn forums. Apparently the guy who wrote this has posted his fair share of sony hate too but he too thinks it's getting ridiculous this christmas (from the linker who's a regular follower of that website).

Give the author some credit, he knows more about gaming than CNN  and TIME

But does he know more about Buisness.

Which is what low PS3 sales count as.  Not gaming.

Around the Network

@kasc

what??

ps3 sales= not for gaming?

mM
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
@blazinhead89: Where did I say the article is rubbish? Am I not allowed to take points of the article and respond to them? Do I have to write a whole thesis discussing each sentence the article contains?

You a thesis? LOL, The point that your getting as is that your trying to shred/disprove the points you don't agree with so it makes it look like the article is full of nonsense amd unreliable. I Don't see you Shred through and try and disprove positive News for Microsoft and Nintendo. Why all the hate?

Perhaps you haven't looked hard enough. In no place did I say the article is full of nonsense, I simply pointed out some of its mistakes. It's not a well written article in any way (even if I agree with some of the points it makes).

"MAKE IT LOOK LIKE", are you clear?

NJ5 said:
The only reason the console costs so much is because Sony made a command decision to push Blu-Ray at the cost and expense of gamers.

I'm sure they're happy with their decision. It helped to introduce Blu-Ray.

Well, I'm not sure they're happy. It sank the games division into unprofitability and devalued the Playstation brand by helping put it in third place in the console war. Perhaps a part of Sony is happy about it, but not all of Sony is.

It's funny.  If i had to put money on it... I'd guess that the Wii would probably make more money for Nintendo then Blu-ray does for Sony....

not even counting the massive PS3 losses.

NJ5 said:
Pristine20 said:
NJ5 said:
Do you think people are buying HD televisions because they don’t care? Of course not. They want HDtv.

Or maybe they want a flat and nice looking TV. Jumping to conclusions = bad. By the way, the majority of TV owners still don't own a HDTV.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are all MUST HAVE TITLES.

No they are not. There's no such thing as a must-have title in the first place, and Heavenly Sword is certainly not one of them.

Surely you know that the term "must-have" title gets tossed around a lot for any system. You're right that there's no must-have title simply because everyone is different. If anything, it seems to me that the guy is just tired of hearing that "ps3 has no games" BS that some people still throw around.

As for TVs, how many SDTVs are flat and nice again? Whatever the reason people are buying them, they're buying the HDTVs regardless. Seems to me that you're looking for any chance to derail this article.

In any case, Heavenly Sword is not a must-have. It's not even one of the highest selling PS3 titles despite having been bundled in some countries.

How many SDTVs are flat and nice? Not many, considering most SDTVs are CRTs.

When did must-have title become synonymous with sales. The only title on wii I've seen that I'd really like to play is fire emblem. However, it's sales don't add up to even Heavenly sword. I prefer fire emblem to heavenly sword even.

As for SDTVs, that was my point, it doesn't matter what reason HDTVs are selling, all that matters is that they're selling.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:
blazinhead89 said:
NJ5 said:

"MAKE IT LOOK LIKE", are you clear?

Am I also allowed to accuse others of "making something look like something"? I can play that game, it looks like fun.

OK, here it goes: Some Sony fans here are making it look like Heavenly Sword is better than 90% of PS3's game library!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957