By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Almost died at work

I've had a taste of heat stroke before. Worst headache of my life.

Take it easy is the name of the game. Mexicans know that. They don't nap in the middle of the day because they're slackers.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

yeah you've gotta drink alot of fluids in the south. I live in TX and it had been rainy all july, but now the normal summer has come and i think it's here to stay. The high this week has been around 98, and this isn't even the hottest part of texas. i suspect it will get up to ~100 before august is out...

Even then, texas isn't the hottest state. I think arizona (phoenix) gets REAL hot...

Glad you're ok. I seen people get heat stroke, its scary.

101? Every we hit 100 at about March. Then up to 110-118 in June, July, Aug, then slowly back down to 100 by October.

That's hot. So, hot when you go outside you can barely breath, and that is without doing anything. Just stepping outside. It's 95 by 8am when I'm dropping my kids off. 100+ at 9pm when sun has been down for almost 2 hours.

superchunk said:
Glad you're ok. I seen people get heat stroke, its scary.

101? Every we hit 100 at about March. Then up to 110-118 in June, July, Aug, then slowly back down to 100 by October.

That's hot. So, hot when you go outside you can barely breath, and that is without doing anything. Just stepping outside. It's 95 by 8am when I'm dropping my kids off. 100+ at 9pm when sun has been down for almost 2 hours.

Ohhhh I was talking about the temperature down here on EARTH. You obviously live in the center of the sun.

Thanks for the concern guys. Don't worry though, I'm mostly fine now. I made the thread for 2 reasons: to vent my frustrations concerning my job and as a word of caution to everyone out there.

I don't know how reliable this is, but the Weather Channel on my Wii says it's gonna get up to 109 degrees in my city next week! From past experience the channel has always been accurate, but I hope this is a typo...

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

wow im glad your alright man.
i almost had heatstroke before, playing basketball in the summer..
my vision suddenly turned white and i got really lightheaded while trying to catch my breath..
though im not sure if that was really heatstroke... happened when i first moved in the states >.<

anyway to anyone whose played tsukihime!.
" When I stood up I would start feeling faint again.Pressure in my head, tunnel vision, tightness in my chest, not being able to get deep breaths, couldn't swallow well, chest itching and hurting. "
doesnt this sound like an anemia attack..

oh and i thought leaving wiiconnect24 ruins your console so i had mine off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

good that your still with us, I almost broke my foot at work a month ago or so and that too scared the shit out of me (never turn your back on heavy machines), only had two or three near death situations in my live, (one of which lasted about 2 hours) so I know how bad that is, the good thing is (yes I´m very Disney in that sence, there is always an up side) you get a fresh perspective on live and get to rethink your priorities, happieness for you, your friends and family should always be on top... but maybe you knew that be fore this happend

so please stick around a little longer 

Duderino, nothing wrong with being Disney about things; I go there all the time lol. But you were worried for your life for 2 hours once? Yowza...

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

^^ I´ve only been to Disney Land once when I was a kid and I loved it last time I was in the U.S. ther were Disney shops everywhere, wasn´t to big a fan of those since my little cousin spent hours there :), the 2 hour life and death thing was a worst scenario asthma attack that almost took me out (yes I´m the super geek... well i don´t wear glasses so that cancels it out....a little)

Being from the South, I feel your pain. I'm glad to be working in a nice, air conditioned office, though. Regardless, it's still holy-crap hot. The heat index has been 110+ this entire week here in NC.