By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales Bets. - Nintendo

I bet that:

- Wii and DS will both sell at least 350 million units combined.

- By the end of this generation Top 10 Best Selling Games of All-time will be either Wii or DS Games.

- Top 25 will be Only Nintendo Games.

Does anyone else agree? xD

Around the Network

Well, we have: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Nintendogs, Brain Training, Brain Traning 2, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros. This 8 games will make at very least 20 million at sales. About the 2 left, I don´t know but something will appear.

With games such as Pokemon Diamond Pearl, Animal Crossing, SSBB, etc. Top 25 All Nintendo seems very likely

Well Nintendo already owns the top 10 so what's the point?

The great GTA:SA is the highest non-Nintendo game at #11.

But Rol is 100% correct.

There's no way on Earth Super Mario Bros. at 40m is ever leaving the top 10.
Nor is GTA:SA leaving the top 25 so that kills your theory right there.

megafrancisco said:
Well, we have: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Nintendogs, Brain Training, Brain Traning 2, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros. This 8 games will make at very least 20 million at sales. About the 2 left, I don´t know but something will appear.

With games such as Pokemon Diamond Pearl, Animal Crossing, SSBB, etc. Top 25 All Nintendo seems very likely

To make the entire top ten they would have to break 40 million sales, so as to beat Super Mario Bros.

I didn´t think about Super Mario at 40 m xD. I don´t know why but I thought the best selling game had around 20 million sales.

But the third one is very likely to me. That´s of course my opinion.

Around the Network
megafrancisco said:

I bet that:

- Wii and DS will both sell at least 350 million units combined.

- By the end of this generation Top 10 Best Selling Games of All-time will be either Wii or DS Games.

- Top 25 will be Only Nintendo Games.

Does anyone else agree? xD

I think one of those words needs to be taken out.... and I suspect it would be the first word because 350 million each is not going to happen.

350m is possilbe, if DS can do the first 190m.

San Andreas is currently 11th, so 15 games would have to pass it to knock it from the top 25... Currently released games that will pass it are NSMB, Diamond/Pearl, Brain Training, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii. Sports Resort could next year, but unless BT2, Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wii, Wii Music, Brawl, etc., somehow break from their current trajectories, they won't reach it, and that leaves San Andreas pretty far above spot 26.

Ten games passing 40m? Sports will soon. Play probably will. Fit has a chance. Some will argue for Sports Resort. That SMB could, in a feasible scenario, be knocked from the top 3 is astounding enough, but it won't leave the top 10.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

1. Probable.
2. Improbable.
3. Probable.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Some oeople are getting a little too excited about Nintendos success this gen. Yeah they are doing well but 10 games over 40 million is a little too much and top 25 is too sorry. 350 million may not be out of reach though.

RolStoppable said:
The first one is very possible and probable. The other two are very improbable and pretty much impossible.

It's funny you say that becuase the top 11 games right now are Wii and DS games. Basically, it is very possible. The DS is a Blue Ocean products and the Wii is a disruptive one. It taking over the sales charts isn't surprising.

EDIT:Opps, read that as "Top 10 of the generation." Of course, Wii Sport is very close to beating SMB. It's about ~3million behind.