By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About Wii's graphics and "The Wii can do better" saying...

... this is also a thread response when I say this:

"Im agree thatn COD WAWii was gimped because the Wii dont have other features same as the PS360 and PC versions but gimped because of the graphics?"

What Im saying was SURE the game in terms of graphics was gimped but is that really the reason why the game was gimped in the first place? Because of the graphics? I've played worse graphics than COD WAW MUCH WORSE and yet Im enjoying some of them.

And with the The Wii can do better saying, I dunno but are we too overhyped about the potential graphics of the Wii? if most 3rd party games are PS2 quality should we accept its on Ps2 quality? Because so far, in terms of third parties COD WAW was still the best graphics in the Wii so far. Sure the Wii can do better but whats the cost of Wii making graphics better? It'll be turned out to be like in HD console games again? SMG was in development before Ninty announced the Wii, so imagine if 3rd parties would do that.

Sure, the Wii can do better but it takes atleast 2 years of developing time and takes 1 year of hype before The Conduit could be released and we're not sure if the game could expect as gamers wants to expect it to be.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

That's what they get for thinking it will have HD graphics or something o_o

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

You should really check out this thread, yushire:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52752

And Im posting to clarify this post;

"I've played it its definitely gimped, atleast from the graphics alone."-----> thats the only thing I say that the graphics gimped, then the following post is like this

"And also the fact that it only have FFA and team deathmatch and only 8 players without splitscreen and zombie mode. I've only played the singleplayer and NO, I didnt bought it, I just borrowed it from a friend. It have good lighting though but definitely gimped in graphics. If you've played COD 4 in low settings thats what COD WAWii looks like..."

Im not really bashing this game and saying negatively about COD WAW have gimped graphics, infact, I DID SAY the other reasons why its gimped but I definitely not said that COD WAW is gimped because of graphics alone...

@DaveD----> After seeing SMG many people thinks most Wii games should be in SMG quality in terms of graphics, not knowing this game is in development even before the Wii is announced. Certainly its not cheap for third parties to make those kind of graphics in short time. It even compared to the graphics of early 360 games like Kameo and Perfect dark zero.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

L.C.E.C. said:
You should really check out this thread, yushire:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52752

OH sorry then, I made this thread for thelordoftheknight's comment on my last thread about COD WAWii. I think I should PM him then SORRY

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Why the hell would you "just accept" PS2-level graphics as "the norm" for the Wii? That's beyond stupid seeing as how the thing has roughly four times the graphical and processing power.

The Wii's graphics should never be "less than" God of War or MGS3 or Fable 1 or Halo 2.

Graphically, the Wii should essentially be viewed as a sort of "missing link" between the last gen machines and the HD consoles. Better than the 6th generation, but not to the level of the HD machines. The PS2's graphics technology is nearly a decade old--the Wii's "standard" sure as hell shouldn't be "just accepted" as a decade obsolete when it's capable of quite a bit more.

Resident_Hazard said:
Why the hell would you "just accept" PS2-level graphics as "the norm" for the Wii? That's beyond stupid seeing as how the thing has roughly four times the graphical and processing power.

The Wii's graphics should never be "less than" God of War or MGS3 or Fable 1 or Halo 2.

Graphically, the Wii should essentially be viewed as a sort of "missing link" between the last gen machines and the HD consoles. Better than the 6th generation, but not to the level of the HD machines. The PS2's graphics technology is nearly a decade old--the Wii's "standard" sure as hell shouldn't be "just accepted" as a decade obsolete when it's capable of quite a bit more.

Sonic riders and SEGA Superstar Tennis for the Wii was definitely a PS2 port, and theres nothing wrong with the graphics on that. And yeah, Sonic riders was definitely a PS2 port unless someone corrected me about it.

If theres one example about horrible graphics on the Wii its is Quantum of Solace, most of its stages :(. The ironic part I like it especially the singleplayer, though the multiplayer stages were good.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

CoD:WaW does NOT have the best graphics on Wii. SMG hell even Twilligh Princess from launch looks better than WaW. Maybe when it comes to people trying to mimic realism on Wii I guess. If you try to stylize your games on Wii however like certain companies are doing you can get a much better looking games.
As bad as Sonic Unleashed was its visually one hell of a looking Wii game. Sonic and The Black Knight is also giving SMG a run for its money.

Graphics dont mean a Wii game is gimped. Its the shitty controls most lazy ass developers apply to the games that make it gimped. Wii is capable of nice graphics not PS2 graphics either. It can achieve better graphics than Xbox.

(PS2 was the weakest of all last gen consoles in terms of graphics)

Valkyria00 said:

CoD:WaW does NOT have the best graphics on Wii. SMG hell even Twilligh Princess from launch looks better than WaW. Maybe when it comes to people trying to mimic realism on Wii I guess. If you try to stylize your games on Wii however like certain companies are doing you can get a much better looking games.
As bad as Sonic Unleashed was its visually one hell of a looking Wii game. Sonic and The Black Knight is also giving SMG a run for its money.

Graphics dont mean a Wii game is gimped. Its the shitty controls most lazy ass developers apply to the games that make it gimped. Wii is capable of nice graphics not PS2 graphics either. It can achieve better graphics than Xbox.

atleast give Treyarch a little recognition that they port COD 4 engine on the Wii? I've played it its not THAT BAD. SURE, the Wii can do better but atleast the graphics is decent.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Valkyria00 said:

atleast give Treyarch a little recognition that they port COD 4 engine on the Wii? I've played it its not THAT BAD. SURE, the Wii can do better but atleast the graphics is decent.

Well I dont wanna say the game was bad. I wanna try it eventually it looks good.
Im just saying when it comes to graphics thats their problem. They shouldnt be porting over such high end engines like that to Wii because they dont work. Build something from the ground up. If youre not going to do that then give us a fun gaming experience. In the end its about gameplay not graphics. I dont care how ugly it looks I know it wont look like 5th generation games so 6th gen graphics with fun controls is all I need.