By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft II Battle Report

ameratsu said:
I have no problem with someone speaking about the new features and describing what's going on but telling in it a regular manner with less obvious comments would make for a more pleasant viewing experience. A play-by-play seems totally unnecessary for this sort of thing.

But I need those totally obvious comments that are made for idiots. Otherwise, I'd have almost no clue of what's going on. (I hardly played SC1 though. Bought it in 2007, and it felt very dated compared to the other RTS games I had played).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

It's not that easy IMO to separate what is "obvious" and what isn't. I mean, a lot of the explanations of the tactics in use are helpful for someone who isn't used to competitive SC. Sure, it's fairly obvious that an SCV is running around, but he also explains why they are doing that, even if it would be obvious to veteran SC players. (Maybe that's a bad example of "competitive SC" tactics (vs. SC in general) but you know what I mean.)

I think he also gets into sports-commentator mode, though, and I understand why you wouldn't like that, even if I don't really mind that much. It only annoyed me when he went nuts in a couple exciting situations.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I was just seized by a powerful urge to go play StarCraft for a while. Seeya.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
It's not that easy IMO to separate what is "obvious" and what isn't. I mean, a lot of the explanations of the tactics in use are helpful for someone who isn't used to competitive SC. Sure, it's fairly obvious that an SCV is running around, but he also explains why they are doing that, even if it would be obvious to veteran SC players. (Maybe that's a bad example of "competitive SC" tactics (vs. SC in general) but you know what I mean.)

I think he also gets into sports-commentator mode, though, and I understand why you wouldn't like that, even if I don't really mind that much. It only annoyed me when he went nuts in a couple exciting situations.

What I didn't fully understand, was why he was yelling "who's going to win" all the time, as that should be pretty obvious in most of the cases, right? They would have to be able to see the hp  of both sides...

Um ... I didn't see the health levels. You can sort of tell from who's getting more hits in or (in bigger groups) who's dying more, but I liked how he explained why the guy who was winning was winning.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Final-Fan said:

What I didn't fully understand, was why he was yelling "who's going to win" all the time, as that should be pretty obvious in most of the cases, right? They would have to be able to see the hp  of both sides...

I'd say yes, but it seems that SC2 still has a "whoever clicks faster will win" sort of effect that we all saw in SC1 as well. It's really up for grabs sometimes.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Final-Fan said:

I'd say yes, but it seems that SC2 still has a "whoever clicks faster will win" sort of effect that we all saw in SC1 as well. It's really up for grabs sometimes.

Yeah, but there was this one time, when there was 4 terran units vs 10 protoss units (and from earlier battles,I assumed they were about equal), and he keeps yelling "Who's going to win? It's a toss up". The battle ended with 8 protoss still up and going...