By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - Famitsu scores (35/40) +

Wanted to compile some misc news out of Japan...

from http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

- Here are the latest Japanese console game review scores:

• Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (NDS, Square Enix): 9, 8, 9, 9 - (35/40)
  • Itsuwari no Rinbukyoku (NDS, Success): 6, 8, 7, 7 - (28/40)
  • Ecolis (NDS, Interchannel): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)
  • Dragoneer's Aria (PSP, Nippon Ichi): 6, 6, 6, 6 - (24/40)
  • Sengoku Musou 2 Moushouden (PS2, Koei): 7, 8, 8, 6 - (29/40)
  • Quiz & Variety SukuSuku Inufuku 2: Motto SukuSuku (PS2, Hamster): 6, 6, 5, 5 - (22/40)
  • Sharuui * Takoron (Wii, Compile Heart): 6, 5, 5, 5 - (21/40)

W i i

- Sega announced its classic Mega Drive action adventure game Landstalker will be coming to Virtual Console in US.

- Capcom announced its Wii action shooter Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles will be released in Japan on November 15, 2007.

- Square Enix has officially announced Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyuu for Wii, the latest Chocobo Dungeons action RPG, which will be released in Japan this winter.

W i i

- Bandai Namco will release Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage for Wii in Japan on September 27, 2007, an ghost hunting action game based on the anime series Kekkaishi.....

More images »»

- Here are some new images of Sega's Wii Zapper shooting game Ghost Squad, the game will be available in Japan on October 25, 2007.

More images »»

- Here are some new images of Bandai Namco's Wii RPG Tales of Symphonia: Ratatoskr no Kishi [Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk], in the game you can recruit monsters as companion in battle....

More images »»

P S P

- Bandai Namco revealed new features in the PSP version of Tales of Rebirth, the PSP version will have higher screen resolution than the PS2 version, there will be new cut-in scenes during battle, and character size will be larger....

More images »»

N I N T E N D O   D S

- Here are some new images of Taito's Arkanoid DS for NDS, the game will be packaged with the paddle controller, which can be inserted into Slot 2 (GBA slot)...

More images »»

- Here are some new images of Mistwalker's NDS RPG ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, the game will be released in Japan on October 4, 2007.

More images »»

- Here are some new images of Marvelous Interactive and Spike's Wii action adventure game No More Heroes, developed by Grasshopper.

More images »»

N I N T E N D O   D S

- Here are some new images of Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for Nintendo DS, the game will be released in US in October 2007.

More images »»

P L A Y S T A T I O N   2

- Here are some new images of Banpresto's PS2 mech battle action game Another Century's Episode 3: The Final, the game features mechs from 18 anime series, plus Armored Core style gameplay....

More images »»

M U L T I

- Here are some new images of Electronic Arts' WWII shooter Medal of Honor: Airborune, the game will be heading to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in November 2007.

More images »»

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Only new games announced for Wii, no PS3 games, hmmm...

My wallet is sad.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Very interesting thanks.

Do you know something about the gameplay of Ring of Fates? Will it also be a dungeon crawler like FF:CC was or will it be a true Action-RPG?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

steven787 said:

Not really necessary, man.

I hated the GC Crystal Chronicles - does anyone remember how Famitsu reviewed that? If this one heads in a different direction, I'll be tempted to pick it up. 

FFCC was a "true" Action RPG.

RoF doesn't have as much dungeon crawling, and you have a full party at all times. CB is focused completely on single player.

And...ew, Magic Box? The new Chocobo Dungeon's been anounced for awhile now.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Desroko said:
steven787 said:

I hated the GC Crystal Chronicles - does anyone remember how Famitsu reviewed that?

I meant the whole summary.  The fact that all the new games being announced out of Japan seem to be for Wii.   PS3 hasn't had any new games announced out of Japan in a while.  While every developer is jumping on the Wii band wagon.  My wallet is sad because I bought a PS3, and it looks like after 08 there won't be much support.  For the record I own both.

Do you think I should mod it into a working grill?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

So will there be things to do in the citys as well?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Great news for Rings of Fate

Why does the battle screen for ToS look so much worse than the town screens? Hopefully they will polish up the game.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Desroko said:
steven787 said:

I hated the GC Crystal Chronicles - does anyone remember how Famitsu reviewed that? If this one heads in a different direction, I'll be tempted to pick it up.

I loved it. Best gfx on the GC, very challenging gameplay (sinple-player), innovative multiplayer mode, insane bosses.

It was a truly different game. Not sure how this one really plays out though - hope it has online co-op - that would rock.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Didn't realize FFCC:RoF was that close to release.