By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More Genesis Games Coming to XBL/PSN/Wii

Sega Regurgitating More Genesis Games On XBLA, PSN

If there's one thing Sega excels at, it's releasing the same Sega Genesis games on every platform imaginable. Rich arcade history? What's that?! Saturn? Dreamcast? Never heard of 'em! Here, try these Genesis ports!

Sega's got a slew of rehashes lined up for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, if recent ESRB ratings are right. And they usually are. Comix Zone, Streets of Rage 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star II, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Golden Axe, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 have all been giving the go-ahead by the ratings board.

Yep, some of those already exist as Xbox Live Arcade games, but some are new. Why would Sega ready more individual releases when they've got the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection coming down the pike? The answer is simply "Sega."

ESRB Game Ratings [ESRB via NeoGAF]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Wasnt Sonic already on XBL???

They will release a Sega Genesis collection in 09 you better get that one.

@Garnett......... Sonic 1 & 2 are on xbla but not sonic 3.

If Sonic 3 comes to xbla i will still buy it as a standalone game despite the fact that its also going to be on the Sega megadrive ultimate collection.

Same thing if they ever released Streets of rage 3 standalone aswell.

Some games are just so damn good they are worth owning twice (Three times in sonic and streets of rage's case cos i also have them for my Megadrive).

I don't mind Sega milking their franchises, afterall, they are one of the greatest developers of all time...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is Dreamcast and Saturn? Are those two games playable on the Genesis?????????

I'm still waiting for Sega to release Sonic & Knuckles on WiiWare or XBLA with the option of putting it together with Sonic 3.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
They will release a Sega Genesis collection in 09 you better get that one.

Yeah, good idea.  I hope the PS3 version doesn't have any problems because that is the one I'm looking to get.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

All those are already on VC.

Sweet, phantasy star. :)

TWRoO said:
All those are already on VC.

But the games will be a lot cheaper purchased together on a used PS3 or XBOX 360 DVD.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

@ OP If you don't like it, don't buy it. But it's a way for a not overly rich dev to get a bit of cash together so that they can make more good games, and it won't take them much time to do it, so it's not delaying anything