By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I finally bought Gears of War 2.

The worst people in Horde are the Rambos. These idiots run all over the map thinking they are superman. It really bothers me in the Security map, when these dumbasses run outside the lasers. Why is it so freaking hard for them to stay inside the lasers and shoot from safety?

If you can get 2-3 decent people who know how to barricade themselves, then making it to level 30 should be no problem. Level 30 is a bitch though, because you get swarmed with mounts and gas grenades.

Around the Network

cool.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Best way to discribe the game

And I love it! I need to play horde again >_>

Former something....

Gears of War 2 is an awesome game.

Khuutra said:
Oh kick-ass. All right, yeah, we're starting over on Hardcore. It's too easy to Rambo that shit on Normal.

I switched from normal to hardcore and man it makes some difference.

It made my opinion of this game increase tenfold.

Around the Network

I must say it is a very good game, though it does have its problems. The campaign is fantastic, but the vehicle sections are a bit meh apart from the last one (am I the only one who had little problems with the driving through the ice. I played it on insane without dieing in that part, and the reavers and turrets were a much greater thread), and I hated act 3, but it has really good pacing, and if you spent slightly less time underground, I would be much happier. Anyway, I though Chapter 5 was just sublime, even though it did comprise little "traditional" gameplay.

As for MP, despite is making me so incredibly angry, I did manage to play for over a day, though I stopped as soon as I got the online achievements. It is just so buggy and glitchy, and I still can't understand how someone can punch me while a have a chainsaw revving, and the hit regocntion and shotgun damage just seem incredibly inconsistent

Horde I consider separate from the MP, because it is fun, really fun and one of the best game modes that I have ever played. I got to level 45 once with 3 other sensible guys on avalanche, just holding up one point and it was wonderful, though to get to level 50, I did end up doing a 3 player private match

I must say my enjoyment of this game has increased because of achievements, I certainly would not have got the same out of it without spending all that time, and now the only one I have left is Seriously 2.0 (only 40k kills to go!)

I just find it hard to get into any game on live.
I think its because I don't get enough time to game so when I try online I just get owned.

reask said:
I think its because I don't get enough time to game so when I try online I just get owned.

Well the MP is 90% about your shotgunning skill, which is not a major part of the campaign for most people

Munkeh111 said:
reask said:

Well the MP is 90% about your shotgunning skill, which is not a major part of the campaign for most people

I just find you get the guys who do nothing else but live and you just cant compete.

Having said that I do enjoy jumping in every so often but single player is still my favourite.

MAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA