By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NO PS3 Price cuts till SUMMOR 2009 ???

Few consoles ever reduce their price in the first 6 months of the year, and with how price drop rumors can make people hold off on buying a console Sony is desperate to make everyone believe the price is stable for quite a while.

Around the Network

nice skin
Seems like he gets facials
What about Botox?

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

a lot of my friends want a PS3, its the price holding them back. fuck PS3's high price.

price cut summer/holiday 09 along with gt...sounds like win to me, just as long as the price cut is $100 worldwide.

i have a hunch the 'original idea' is some new shit + BC (BC was kinda originated by sony no?)

They need a price cut AND a few blue shells at this point.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network

i knew they weren't gonna cut early like people were saying. Though OP there is no mention of a summer price cut he just said specifically not in the spring. Hopefully they will by fall / holiday 09 but either way the price of the ps3 in comparison to the 360 and wii is kinda high. Sony is shooting themselves in the foot but they really have no choice. I price cut this early would mean only further debt for them

If they couldn't pull a price cut this Christmas, they certainly won't pull two price cuts next year. Don't expect anything more then $50. If they could have cut it $100 next summer, then they would have dropped $50 this year.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

My 360 was $400. My PS3 was $500. When people feel that the PS3 is a MUST have, they actually will go out of their way to afford one. I still think that a stripped down PS3 at a lower price is the way to go. But I KNOW that a fully loaded PS3 at a reduced price is suicide.