By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do some people really still think that Little Big Planet didnt sell well?

1.23 million sold...I'd guess it is in the top 50 best selling games of 2008.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

Bundle.

This word says everything.
Nothing to be proud of.

It wasn't bundled that much was it?

Neoraf said:

Bundle.

This word says everything.
Nothing to be proud of.

its only bundle in europe. is it me, or all you do is troll around writing negative things about ps3. i seen u in several sony discussions and you always have something negative to say

Unless LBP outsell Wii Music it will be a major flop considering how much hate Wii music got from "hardcore" and the "fanboysism, telling us that is the worst game ever created the under last 5 years(bla bla bla).... wich isn't true since the work behind Wii Music is atleast 2 years...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

it's selling very well.
and yep, it's a KA.

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network

Who cares what they think?
Game continues selling - that is only thing which is important.

Anyway, just several month more, and we will see 2-3 mln. of LBP sales, then this will be out of discussion.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

kirby007 said:

it sold amazingly well for a new ip

but for LBP it didn't sell well

This post says it all.  In reality, sales have been good ... but they are disappointing because expectations were set so (absurdly) high.

The posts .. by both Sony and PS3 backers ... were that this would be a system seller.

For various reasons, it has turned out not to be the case.

Personally, I wondered why a 2.5D platformer with a level editor -- and a new IP -- was accorded such a lofty status prior to release.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

yes but LBP is a new IP, no1 could hace bein certain as too how much it would sell.. gt5 is guaranteed too sell millions LBP was not

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

^^Many of the posts by this person are spoken like a true 360 owning PS3 basher of old.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
^^Many of the posts by this person are spoken like a true 360 owning PS3 basher of old.

He doesn't own a 360 though...