By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do some people really still think that Little Big Planet didnt sell well?

Neoraf said:
Wait... did I made a mistake?
I let the numbers speak.

Was that my mistake?

they were wrong but with the exception of gears the point remains relatively the same.

edit: i did the same thing before and it's why i came to a wrong conclusion myself so not a big deal.

Around the Network
Bboid said:

for the billionth time, Amazon prices don't reflect market values at all. they are famous for their random 80% off sales that last 2 hours

keep telling yourself that. The point is that LBP is already a bargain bin game in the U.K ( not just in amazon )

fulcizombie said:
Bboid said:

for the billionth time, Amazon prices don't reflect market values at all. they are famous for their random 80% off sales that last 2 hours

keep telling yourself that. The point is that LBP is already a bargain bin game in the U.K ( not just in amazon )

LBP sold over 100k in UK in November. Sounds to me like it isn't having problems selling there so whyd it be in bargain bins? sounds to me like your just trolling and amazon is just havng sales on hot items.

fulcizombie said:
Bboid said:

i don't need to "keep telling myself that". It has been common practice for amazon. Brick and mortar stores with websites= hard pricing.  Amazon US had mercenaries for $9.98 2 days ago, that doesnt make it a $9.98 game.  2 days after thanksgiving they had band of brothers blu ray at 66%off (for 2 hours only), that doesnt make it bargain priced and set a market price.  Simply put, online retailers don't = market price.  I'm not arguing that LBP isn't "bargain priced" in UK,  I'm arguing that citing an internet outlet (especially one with a history of fickle pricing) does not support your argument.  Internet pricing generally is not accepted anywhere as accurate market price.

My bad.
Fucked my calculation!

Here is the real data:
(Thanks Bboid!)

Neoraf said:

Bboid,

LBP and R2 don't have stronger boost sales than Fable2 and Gears2 right now.
Look at the data:

GAME: (NA Last week) - (NA This week) [ % boost ] (TOTAL NA SALES)

• LBP: (44k) - (61k) [ 39 % ] (0,58m)
  • R2: (39k) - (53k) [ 36 % ] (0,50m)
  • Gears 2: (119k) - (158k) [ 33 % ] (2,27m)
  • Fable 2: (45k) - (68k) [ 51 % ] (1,25m)

Hell, even these games have a stronger Holiday boost than the flagship PS3 games:
(Note that these two games have smaller overall sales than LBP and R2)

• Lips: (42k) - (68k) [ 62 % ] (0,17m)
  • Banjo-Kazooie N&B: (38k) - (57k) [ 50 % ] (0.24m)

(All these games released in the same period)

So this is worser than I thought...
I thought the PS3 games would have a stronger Holiday boost.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

So this is worser than I thought...
I thought the PS3 games would have a stronger Holiday boost. 

Neoraf said:

My bad.
Fucked my calculation!

Here is the real data:
(Thanks Bboid!)

why the hell would you think that? Especially since you are showing numbers for NA. 360 has always done better SW in NA why would it magically turn the other way? Sounds to me like you are just trying to make ps3 out orse than it is

If you look at the global numbers from the same perspective, It yields tighter numbers but conveys the same conclusion.  If exclusive games across multiple platforms are seeing the same increases or wild increases, it is more than likely the holiday boost random factor at work.  Before this thread continues, lets wait until January data rolls in.

Of course this game sold well (In fact, as well as Wii music...)
The real problem with LBP is that this game is not the system seller Sony wanted to be.

Max King,
I don't talk about sales numbers. I talk about the boost %.

Given the incredible launch sales of 360 games this fall, I thought they would decline faster than the slow selling PS3 games.
This week boost proved me wrong.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:

Max King,
I don't talk about sales numbers. I talk about the boost %.

Given the incredible launch sales of 360 games this fall, I thought they would decline faster than the slow selling PS3 games.
This week boost proved me wrong.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Call+of+Duty+4%3A+Modern+Warfare+-+PS3&reg2=America&game2=Call+of+Duty+4%3A+Modern+Warfare+-+X360&reg3=America&game3=Call+of+Duty+4%3A+Modern+Warfare+-+DS&weeks=100

why would you think that?